Hotwire Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Centre - Dam Square) Ink Hotel Amsterdam By Mgallery

ThEBoB
By ThEBoB,
in

Hello;

I will be traveling in Europe this June with my family, we are 5, all adult size.

I’m planning on renting 2 rooms on each city.

I know that price line is out of question, because the bed choices, so I’m trying to use Hotwire.

I already have my back up reservations, and I’m happy with what I have, but Amsterdam is a little on the expensive side for me, and I’m trying to get something better.

I’m looking on the Canal Belt Zones or the Royal Palace, 5 or 4 stars, and air condition is a must as  80% or more on recommendations.

Any advice on how to get a bed for each one of us? I wouldn’t mind one rollaway bed.

For example; 2 rooms 4 adults June 22 to 25th Canal Belt East-Plantage, I get 5 stars $196 90% recommended, and I think it is the “Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam”.

If I try the same; 2 rooms for 5 adults I get what I think the same hotel for $272, is a $76 dollar increase for each room for each night, meaning $152 for the extra adult each day!! At that rate I can try and get 3 rooms on Price line…..

If I try the same just with one room, I get the same results ($196-$272), meaning that they are charging me twice for the 5th adult if I buy 2 rooms at a time.

I don’t know if any of this makes sense, but I’m on a Kind of loop here, that I can’t decipher, any help will be great.

Also, If I try to buy the rooms, hotwire displays an error page, and have been this way for 3 days now.

Best Regards

Let's back up a minute...

...and air condition is a must...

As you didn't follow-thru with HOTWIRE for Paris due to this fact, how do you guarantee this for Amsterdam? (also note, as you ultimately used Expedia for your Paris reservation, that we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies in our Support Page... including Expedia; or use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com)

For example; 2 rooms 4 adults June 22 to 25th Canal Belt East-Plantage, I get 5 stars $196 90% recommended, and I think it is the “Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam”.

If I try the same; 2 rooms for 5 adults I get what I think the same hotel for $272, is a $76 dollar increase for each room for each night, meaning $152 for the extra adult each day!! At that rate I can try and get 3 rooms on Price line…..

If I try the same just with one room, I get the same results ($196-$272), meaning that they are charging me twice for the 5th adult if I buy 2 rooms at a time.

I don’t know if any of this makes sense...

I understand what you're staying, but:

1) the price of 2rooms/4adults is a moot point since you need to guarantee occupancy for five people (unless you're willing to take the chance booking for four people, even though you will be five, which i don't recommend in Europe)

2) if the price of booking 2rooms/5adults is not competitive, then why not, as you suggest, try bidding on PRICELINE for 3rooms?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank You TheReuare;

I haven’t noticed how much this site have grown, and how many new tool you guys have at our service, I especially liked the RefundableRates.com option, it’s very clear, friendly and fast to consult.

About my stay in Amsterdam, or on any of my other destinations, I will let you know if I took my chances and book 3 rooms instead of 2, always using your links on this fantastic forum.

Best Regards

I haven’t noticed how much this site have grown, and how many new tool you guys have at our service, I especially liked the RefundableRates.com option, it’s very clear, friendly and fast to consult.

We're always hard at work :) ... thanks for the compliments on the new tools and we'll glad to hear you find them useful.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I found this rate on a good city zone, 90% recommended, and, at this price, I could afford 3 rooms instead of 2, so I took my chances and got this never before listed hotel, a/c included :D.

Amenities:

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Business Center

Accessible path of travel

Roll-inn shower

Smoke free rooms

Restaurant(s)

Internet access

In room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]