Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Dallas (North Dallas - Addison) Omni Dallas at Park West

Northshorecowboy
By Northshorecowboy,
in

The Omni is currently listed as a 4* on the Hotel List.  Looks to be a very nice hotel and gets excellent reviews.  Not the hotel I was aiming for -- really wanted the Galleria Westin or Le Meridian -- but it will do.  Mainly wanted the others because they are closer to where I'll be visiting friends and family, and the others are right by the Galleria, whereas the Omni is another mile down the highway.  Still, $77 for a 4.5* that appears to earn its rating isn't bad.  Also, the Omni has FREE parking. So do the Westin and Le Meridian.  This makes a huge difference. Parking adds another $12-16 per day with some hotels in the area.

Note that the Omni appears on the Hotwire Pinned Hotel list as a 4* in the North Dallas-Addison area along with other hotels labeled as "near the Galleria", but shows up on the actual Hotwire hotel list as a 4.5*.  The other 4.5* Galleria hotels are put into the Galleria-Park Central category. 

85% Recommended. (I think the Westin shows as 95% Recommended, which is another clue)

Free Parking

Pool(s)

Pet Friendly

Business Center

Internet Access (not sure if it is free)

Restaurants

Amending my posting.  I have looked closer at the location of the Omni hotel and it is quite disappointing.  It is not located in North Dallas or Addison.  The Omni is literally 5-6 miles down the highway from Addision and the true North Dallas area.  The hotel is actually closer to Las Colinas, Irving  and Valley Ranch. It is outside of the I-635 / I-35 loop around Dallas.  It is located on the very furtherst west edge of the Hotwire defined region. Buyer beware. 

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Also thanx for reporting this new star rating to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities (including the accessible) that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Sorry to see that you don't like the outcome.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]