Hello,

New here, this is a great site.

4* coming up 1/23 - 1/25 for $131/nite.

Restaurant

Hi Speed Internet

Business Center

Fitness Center

Tennis Nearby

Seems to be Intercontinental Barclay, but what is throwing me off is it says normal price is $225, but the lowest on the IC website is $339! Could this be such a deal? It's my 40th birthday so I don't want to blow it!

Thanks.

Traveler100

GMTA, Good morning to all?

Thanks, you are right, in my haste my eyes must have been glazing over looking from one window to the other without writing things down (I just discovered this site and "method" last night). Also, I think I was hoping for the Barclay! Thanks for the help!

Traveler100

GMTA = Great minds think alike.

Did you book this property? If so, please list the rate you paid.

Hello,

New to this site, it is a great resource! I am thinking of using Hotwire for the first time. In general what has been the quality of rooms users have been assigned? My fear is getting the worst room in the house! I know that for the price it won't be the best room, but just curious as to typical experiences. I am looking in NYC later this month.

Also, is there opportunity to upgrade at registration, or ask for a king if two double beds are offered etc. Again, I know that by using the deeply discounted site, I won't get the royal treatment, but don't want to be treated badly either!

If there's a link to a thread where this has been discussed let me know-still not sure if it's for me or not!

Traveler100

I got the Grand Hyatt from a priceline bid. At check in I asked for a room on the Club floor with two beds. Granted with the utmost courtsey and no mention made of priceline. Treated very well. After we checked out I asked if they could keep our bags for a few hours so we could get in a final few hours of sightseeing...and they did so for free!

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]