Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Comfort Inn Times Square South Area

marylg
By marylg,
in

I'm trying to choose between three hotels that I'm having a hard time identifying from the list.

1.  3 Star, Madison Square Garden-Hell's Kitchen area with the only amenity listed "Pet Friendly".  It has a 100% recommendation but only 7 reviews so maybe this is a new hotel to Hotwire. $187/night

2.  3.5 Stars, same area as above, 75% recommendation withe the following amenities:  Fitness Center, Free Internet, Business Center. $196/night

3.  2.5 Stars, same area, 90% recommendation with Free Breakfast, Business Center.  It also says it's a favorite.  $177/night

I'm going to be doing some sightseeing with my son and then we will be at the Javits Center so I'd like to be able to walk to the Javits from the hotel.  Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of hotel or tips on choosing.  Any of those prices work for me so that's not an issue.

Thanks for your help!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please confirm the exact date/s of travel and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Also,

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm not sure of your specific plans, but i'd focus more on a hotel that is central to sightseeing than being able to walk to the Javitz Center, as there really is not much around the convention center (and the Hell's Kitchen zone is not really considered to be centrally located)

I would sooner look at PRICELINE's MSG zone which would more likely get you closer to the subway (for sightseeing) and most of it would be walkable to the Convention Center as well (and if not, or should you hit rainy weather, you could easily get to 34th St where the M34 crosstown bus will take you to Javitz). The PRICELINE zone is smaller than HOTWIRE's equivalent zone as it separates MSG from HK.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS i'm seeing what looks like the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel for $196/nite (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center)... or the Comfort Inn Times Square South Area for $189/nite (Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet).

Your thoughts on either of these for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've stayed at the New Yorker before and it is a great location for getting to the Javits as well as getting to Times Square & other sites.  The Comfort Inn was one I was looking at as well.  I certainly don't want to be too far west or in the 50's since we will be walking all day in the Javits for Book Expo.  

I have always used HOTWIRE for booking but will take a look at Price.line for sure.  Thanks for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have a good show.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]