Priceline Hotel: 2* Austin (South) Candlewood Suites $25

swag
By swag,
in

Bidding for the weekend of the Austin City Limits Fest. I put in a bid of $23, and got the "are you sure, only a slight chance of being accepted" message. Perhaps I should ahve ignored it, but I really only had one rebid available at this low level (to add downtown, my other acceptable area). So I upped it to $25 and it was accepted. Hotwire was showing $33 as the lowest available in S. Austin or downtown.

----

Congratulations, you got your price of $25 for a 2-star hotel room.

Your Offer Price: $25.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $75.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $18.09

Total Charges: $93.09

Candlewood Suites Austin South

4320 Ih 35 South

Austin, Texas 78745

A note about Candlewood Hotels:

This exceptional hotel offers a comfortable spacious suite with a full kitchen, two separate phone lines, and a single queen size bed. Guests enjoy many extras like the fitness center, free video and CD library. Guests' privacy is honored at this extended stay hotel by offering housekeeping once a week. The front desk closes in the evening. Guests can check-in conveniently after the front desk closes by getting their key from an individual lock-safe and going straight to their room. Guests may also contact the manager on-site for assistance.

Yup, SXSW is held in the spring, and consists of a ton of evening club shows, plus some seminars on the music biz. I've never been.

ACL is more of a traditional festival, with 7 outdoor stages in a big park, with music from noon till 10 pm. Last year was the 1st time they held it - I went and decided it would be an annual trip for me.

It's already big (70K over 2 days last year) and growing (they added another stage and another day this year), but luckily, hotel rooms aren't yet the premium that they are for New Orleans jazzfest.

http://www.aclfestival.com/home.html

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]