Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Miami (South Beach - Ocean Drive South) Hilton Bentley Beach Hotel

belindai
By belindai,
in

Can you help identify?

7/25-7/31 6 nights

4.5* South Beach Oceanfront Collins area hotel $212

90% recommended $21 resort fee

ResortBeachfront hotelSmoke-free roomsFitness centerPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business centerInternet accessSpa servicesAccessible for visually impairedAccessible for hearing impairedAccessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityAccessible bathroomAccessible parkingRoll-in shower

4.5* South Beach Oceanfront Collins resort $240

90% recommended no resort fee listed

Free InternetResortPet friendlyBeachfront hotelSmoke-free roomsFitness centerPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business centerInternet accessSpa servicesChildren's activitiesAccessible for visually impairedAccessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityAccessible bathroomAccessible parkingRoll-in shower

4* South Beach Oceanfront Collins boutique $204

Still gathering reviews $28.65 resort fee

Free InternetPet friendlyBoutique hotelBeachfront hotelPool(s)Restaurant(s)Internet accessGolf nearbyTennis nearby

Best guess/comments for each:

4.5* South Beach Oceanfront Collins area hotel $212

--> The James Royal Palm

4.5* South Beach Oceanfront Collins resort $240

--> Loews Miami Beach Hotel

4* South Beach Oceanfront Collins boutique $204

--> Surfcomer Miami South Beach

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase... or book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com if you decide to book a regular rate 'named' property.

Let us know what you decide for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you

The Hotwire 4.5* Oceanfront Collins hotel $212 lists $21 resort fee

The James Royal Palm hotel website lists $244 and $30 resort fee.

Do you think hotwire's resort fee is outdated since the Starwood takeover or that this could be a different hotel not the James Royal Palm?

Do you think hotwire's resort fee is outdated...

I couldn't say with any degree of certainty, but it is certainly possible/plausible.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My brother just purchased this hotel and ended up with the Hilton Bentley Miami South Beach

4.5* South Beach Oceanfront Collins resort $242 7/25/15-7/31/15
90% recommended no resort fee listed
Free InternetResortPet friendlyBeachfront hotelSmoke-free roomsFitness centerPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business centerInternet accessSpa servicesChildren's activitiesAccessible for visually impairedAccessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityAccessible bathroomAccessible parkingRoll-in shower

He is contesting it as there are Hotwire and Expedia pages that list it as a 4* hotel. Whereas he purchased a 4.5* secret hot rate hotel. Are you aware of the actual Hilton Bentley's star rating?

Hotwire's initial response:

"Thank you for contacting Hotwire Customer Care regarding your hotel reservation with the Miami South Beach Bentley Hilton in Florida, scheduled for check in on July 25, 2015, Hotwire itinerary. I understand you observed a different review and hotel star rating of the hotel from other site I would be willing to provide information regarding your concern. As I have checked your account, the hotel current star rating is four and half star. I understand you have observed a different star rating for the Miami South Beach Bentley Hilton in Florida than the star rating listed on the Hotwire site. While there is no standard star ratings system in the US, we work hard to offer clear and accurate star ratings. Hotwire starts with Expedia star ratings, and then adjusts each hotel based on our customer's feedback. This helps to ensure our star ratings reflect our customers’ recent experience. I can assure you Hotwire is confident the star rating for this hotel is accurate. I can assure you that we expect a quality experience and a clean room in working order from all our hotel partners. In fact, we regularly evaluate our suppliers to ensure they are providing our valuable customers the wonderful stay that they expect when booking through Hotwire. If you arrive to a hotel and the establishment does not meet your expectations, please do not hesitate to contact us at the number below so that we may work with our hotel partner to resolve the issue. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all your travel needs; we hope to have the opportunity to better serve your travel needs in the near future."

Congrats on your success. :)

Nice win for this property and hope the hotel will work out okay. Star ratings for hotels will vary from service-to-service quite commonly, and Expedia is a different service. Are you seeing it as 4* under the vacation package side of Hot.wire? If so, that portion is powered by Expedia.

Thank you for letting us know about this new Hot.wire property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

It does looks like it is vacation Hotwire listing 4 star for Hilton Bentley.

Expedia's website also lists 4 star for Hilton Bentley.

Hotwire's response to my brother's email does state "Hotwire starts with Expedia star ratings, and then adjusts each hotel based on our customer's feedback"

My brother booked $A241.49/night 4.5* with amenities:

Pet friendly
    Suite
    Boutique hotel
    Beachfront hotel
    Smoke-free rooms
    Fitness center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Internet access
    Kitchenette
    Spa services
    In-room accessibility
    Accessible bathroom
    Roll-in shower

Just a further update - Hotwire refunded this booking following several email claims

Star rating discrepancies:

1. Hotwire Hilton Bentley Standard rate hotels 4.5 stars

2. Hotwire Hilton Bentley Vacation 4 stars

3. Expedia Hilton Bentley 4 stars

Hotwire response:

"For our Hot Rates, star ratings is taken from the Expedia's star ratings. As previously advised, we use customers' feedback to adjust the ratings accordingly. On the other hand, Standard Rate hotels star ratings are taken from the Expedia ratings alone. For this reason, it is possible to have observed different star ratings when you compare the ones booked under our Hot Rates list to the ones available from our Standard Rate hotels."

Amenities:

Hotwire secret rate hotel - Booking conditions and email confirmation lists guaranteed AMENITIES - SUITE

Contacted Hilton Bentley hotel directly and advised allocated room is STANDARD STUDIO CITY VIEW not a suite, may upgrade to suite for $600

Hotwire:

Updated amenities list following customer feedback and offered refund

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]