Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Miami (Downtown) Intercontinental Miami

laurent221
By laurent221,
in

Collected from hotwire

4*1/2 Downtown Miami

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I am hesitating with a 4* hotel in Coral Gables at 173 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Daily housekeeping, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), 24-hour front desk, Internet access

We are a family of four with two boys aged 9 and 12. There are cheaper 4 star hotels close to the airport but It would be better not to need to drive and...park all the time

what would you advise ?

Best guess for the 4.5* property would be the well reviewed InterContinental Miami.

I'm not currently seeing the 4* hotel offered when searching for your dates and 2adults/2children... are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

you are right. I now only find one at 193 USD I guess I used RateDrop which does not enable to add children to the hotwire quote.

There is also a 3* in Coral Gables at 154USD that may be interesting as it provides free parking (which probably costs a lot at the intercontinental)

among  these other facilities

Free Internet

Amenities

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 3 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

If you're seeing the above, i'm not certain, but my best guess would be Holiday Inn University... but also can't rule out the Courtyard Coral Gables.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or howe can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are right. Thanks for the tip on hotwire easyview.

I am hesitating. Do you think it is worth splurging for 188USD at the InterContinental or equiv or save cash and stay in Coral Gables Holiday Inn or equiv. around 165 USD per night ?

To make things even more blurred

I now see a new offer in Central South Beach - Convention Center

at 167 USD per night

with following amenities

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Near beach, Airport shuttle, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I do not know which zone is best suited for visiting Miami easily possibly without bothering with driving a car.

I can't see any hotel priced $167 when replicating your search for April 2-6.

What is the star rating for this property? How many adults/children did you search for?

I would go with Coral Gables if this is your first time in Miami and don't have a car.

Yellowdog.

Hello I checked again it is a three-star hotel for two adults and two children but appears only on hotwire easy view and does not go through if you click on continue red button

Following your advice I found a 4* hotel in Coral Gables  at 195 USD but amenities are too vague to identify it easily through the list :

Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board and it could one of a number of properties.

To try and focus the search, are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel?

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Many thanks for your help all the more so as I have a vague and changing idea of where to stay in Miami. As my two boys are 12 and 9 I think SoBe may be a better option than Coral Gables.

I found something but failed to identify it on the list.

Here it is 3* Hot Rate Condo at 182$

Central South Beach - Convention Center area

Free Internet, Near beach, Studio, Full kitchen, Airport shuttle, Air conditioning, 24-hour front desk, Internet access, Boutique hotel

I am attracter by their 4.5 mark on TA

If you see something better in this range..

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating is excellent and if you're getting a studio room and a kitchen, all the better when you have a party of four people.

Please keep us updated with what you decide.

The Lincoln Arms Suites would be my best gues for this 3* Central South Beach - Convention Center property.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The Lincoln Arms Suites would be my best gues for this 3* Central South Beach - Convention Center property.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hello

I checked the Lincoln arms but it appears to be limited to a 2 person occupancy so too bad for us.

I checked again this morning and found this

4* downtown Miami; 164$ per night

facilities

Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

from the list, my best guess is that it would be The Casa Moderna

but this hotel seems to be closed (at least for reservations) at the moment ??

Need you help again

Sorry for such a long thread

Having lived in Miami for many years (although I don't live there now), I would suggest SoBe near or on Ocean Drive since you will be there for 4 nights, especially if you do not plan on getting a car. There might not be much to do or see in Coral Gables w/o a car and downtown Miami can be dicey depending on where you are (especially after dark).  I always tell people that Miami is a great place to visit but I would never live there again (unless I was fabulously wealthy of course!)

Thanks for your help. It is not that I exclude a car rental but that from what I read it appeared more as a hurdle when visiting SoBe and a financial burden when staying downtown. The right equation might still be to stay zand park in Coral Gables and commute from there but hotel offers in Coral area were not very attractive..

Dear all,

I finally got it. The 4.5star hotel was indeed the Intercontinental at 112$ per day plus tax and fees

We will start the stay on foot  to visit downtown, Brickell and SoBe and rent a car the second day or third day to visit Key Biscayne, Venetian pool etc..

Thanks to all for your help and valuable info

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]