Hotwire Hotel: 3* Rochester (West - Airport ROC) Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport

Penelope2004
By Penelope2004,
in

I clicked on your HOTWIRE link prior to this purchase.

Date Purchased: 3/8/15, for 4/3/15 -4/4/15 

Gates - Chili - ROC Airport area Hotel

Hotel Amenities:

Free Parking, Free Internet, Pet Friendly, Indoor Pool(s), Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet Access

Rate Per Night:  $56.00 + Tax recovery charges + fees of $13.07 total:  $69.08

I called after the purchase, to see if I could request a specific bed type.  I was told that "it came through as a double bed."  I expressed surprise, given I had put in two adults and a child (my daughter is 17) on the room request.  She said that the double comes with a pull out couch.  That will be "ok" for one night, but this is confusing.  On the Radisson Hotel Site, you have the following choices:

"a choice between two double beds or one king bed, plus all standard amenities."  There is also a Business Class Room.  There is no mention on the site of "one double bed and a pull out."  I checked on Travelocity, and there was a mention of a double bed room.  There appears to be two levels of rooms - and reserving on the Radisson site appears to give you the choice of a nicer room.  I hope that we do not have a "bad" room - I also cannot find a mention of a pull out couch on any discussion of the amenities, though we were given verbal assurance.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

While I know that I have no bed choice, being Hotwire, I also did not think that I would receive a "second tier" room.  I am a Carlson rewards member, and I will try calling the week prior. 

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to see you're having an issue with the bed assignment, but it's possible that the room assignment comes thru with the lowest level possible and you'll be able to receive your requests at the time of check-in (as anything would be considered an upgrade, which they can give, but they can't go the other way ;) )

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us add this new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

PS- can you please add a reply to your Chicago hotel thread with whatever you ultimately decided for that trip (even if you canceled the trip, booked a regular rate hotel, etc). THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]