Priceline Hotel: 3* Napa-Sonoma (Santa Rosa-Rohnert Park-Petaluma) Doubletree Wine Coun

mustangmonica
By mustangmonica,
in

Placed initial bid of $40 and was rejected. Added free re-bid zone of Fairfield and bumped up to $45; rejected. Rebid $50 rejected. Finally changed my dates by one day and bid $52 and was accepted!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this lovely hotel back in March and payed $55 (yes that bid is posted :) and I bid $3 less this time around :o )

This hotel is conveniently located to exlporing both Napa and Sonoma Valley. It's a great little hide away perfect for some quiet downtime. The Doubletree website lists the dates of our stay as $119/night so we are again quite pleased to return to the area for such a bargain!!!

I promise not to think about work not even once while I am there. :) Happy Holidays to everyone and thanks to all for the great posts and advice.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on my previous post for January. Unfortunately due to the weather conditions in the area we decided to postpone our winter trip. I was constantly checking the Caltrans website peppered with red accident dots. Guerneville was evacuated and Napa was flooded. I'm sure most of you saw the news coverage.

Although Priceline has their non-refundable, non-transferable, non-everything policy -- I decided it couldn't hurt to call and ask for a refund.

I called Priceline's (800) number and they said they were aware of the situation in Northern California. The gentlemen was most gracious and helpful. He was very geniune saying that the most important factor was the safety of my family. Vacations can always be rescheduled. I was told that I would receive a full refund in about 10 work days. The money was back in my account in 3. It was a pleasant experience especially since I had already mentally resigned myself to eating the cost of our hotel fare. Just thought I would take this time out to point out the positive side of Priceline since I'm sure we've alll heard the bad stories.

Thanks again,

Monica

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]