Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Disney Maingate West) Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration

huskergirl
By huskergirl,
in

Looking for a room 3/20-3/21. 2 adults, 2 kids.  Any idea on this 3* in the SeaWorld I-Drive South area?  $54.  Says regular rate is $194 so a 72% discount. 80% recommended, 4 out of 5 stars on TA.

Amenities listed: Free parking, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible.  Amenity set seems to match Rosen Inn Pointe, but the price discount doesn't seem right.  

I was originally looking closer to Disney, but didn't scoop up what, I'm guessing. was the Baymont Celebration fast enough.  (Was $38, now around $50) I figured I may as well expand my search a bit to see if there was anything better.  We'll be coming from MCO, and only staying 1 night til we can get into our rental home.  Thank in advance!

I'm seeing a 3* at this price in this zone for these dates, but when I click on it I'm getting a message that there's no more inventory.

I do see a 3.5* in the same zone for $54 w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Pet Friendly. 

--This would be a possible match for the Doubletree.

Would the D'tree be of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Ugh, much like that listing, the reply I was typing poofed.  After reading some threads here on the boards, I had guessed that the other was the Doubletree.  It would be nice, though I wasn't keen on the additional fee for parking.

I'll keep watching.  We won't be getting in til after midnight, and I know the kids will want to get to Disney ASAP.  So I was mainly looking for something cheap.  But nice.  And close to the parks.  And maybe with breakfast.  LOL  :D I'm not picky at all, right?  Thanks for your help!

You can also try searching MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if there is anything within your budget that is closer to the parks (and determine how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further from your ideal location or to go up/down in star rating)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress and what you decide.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How much faith can I put in Hotwire's note of "The last person that booked got _______ hotel."?  I've made purchases before where what they stated was what I ended up with.  But there are some I'm seeing in Orlando where the same hotel is mentioned with multiple listings.

Example, I clicked on a 3* $56 room that's 80% recommended on I-Drive South that says the last person won the Rosen Inn at Pointe.  Scroll down a little further, and you see a $66 95% recommended 3* on I-Drive South that also says the last person won the Rosen Inn at Pointe.  The amenity sets are different though.  The first says: Free parking Free Internet Smoke-free rooms Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Business cente rSelf-service laundry Internet access Golf nearby In-room accessibility Wheelchair accessible.  And the later says: Free parking Free breakfast Free Internet Fitness center Pool(s) Business center Self-service laundry Internet access.  Maybe I've answered my own question, and you can't count on what shows as the last booked?

The "Last Person got ___" information is relative to the last purchase of a hotel in the zone at that star rating... NOT necessarily the underlying hotel offered.

Hope that answers your question.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Pulled the trigger and went for the hotel I was originally eyeing.  As expected, it was the Baymont Inn and Suites.  While my final price was higher than when I first started looking, it's a great deal compared to the $120 rack rate on the hotel website.   Details for this listing were: 3* Disney Maingate West.  Amenities=Free parking,Free breakfast,Free Internet,Smoke-free rooms,Fitness center,Business center,Self-service laundry,Internet access,Golf nearby.  Resort fee of $7.91.  After taxes/fees (but before resort fee) my total was $63.19.  Bring on spring break!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]