Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Disney Maingate - Celebration) Holiday Inn Orlando Celebration SW

Ofir.Levi
By Ofir.Levi,
in

Hello,

I have closed a deal on Hotwire for 6 total of nights.

Dates: 03/27/2015 - 04/02/2015, 2 adults and 2 kids (3 and 6 yo).

Hotel: Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando

I paid about $62 per night (including all fees and taxes).

Now, I'm trying to add one night before, for 03/26/2015, but I get high rate, something about $140.

Can you help me to understand how can I find a better option? I prefer to have another night in this hotel, with the kids it would be more convenient.

Have you tried the 'add a nite' feature thru HOTWIRE?

If so, you could go to MAPS and HOTELS.com and put the address of the Rosen Pointe into the search box, easily seeing your options closest to this location and how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further from the hotel or to go up/down in star rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotels have complex algorithms and LOTS of historical data to try to predict hotel demand for any given date, so if rates are higher for this additional nite, there is some sort of logic behind the higher rates... either the hotel already has more reservations on the books and has higher occupancy levels for this nite, OR has some reason to believe they will encounter higher demand for this nite.

If rates are high due to expected demand, and that demand does not come thru as anticipated, it's possible that rates come down between now and your arrival... but it's also possible that they already have strong bookings for this additional nite, or that bookings come in even stronger than currently expected, and that rates only go higher from here.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I found these 2 deals, need you help:

1 -

3* SeaWorld - I-drive South area

03/26/2015 - 03/27/2015

2 adults and 2 kids (3 and 6 y/o)

$58 per night before taxes and fees

95% recommended

No TripAdvisor rate

Free parking Free Internet Fitness center Pool(s) Business center Self-service laundry Internet access Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom Accessible parking

2 -
3.5* SeaWorld - I-drive South area
03/26/2015 - 03/27/2015
$56 per night before taxes and fees
85% recommended
4/5 TripAdvisor rate
Pet friendly Smoke-free rooms Fitness center Pool(s)Restaurant(s) Business center Self-service laundry Internet access Spa services Accessible for hearing impaired Accessible path of travel Wheelchair accessible Accessible bathroom Accessible parking

Please keep all posts for the same stay/dates in the same thread.

I'm not currently seeing either of these offers when searching for your dates. Are you still seeing these on your own HOTWIRE search and if so are you including 2adults/2children in your search?

Sorry to hear that the listings are no longer showing. Please keep us updated and let us know if you have additional questions/see a new listing.

You can also see the list of Hot.wire hotels reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List Florida.

What a pity.

Don't see them anymore, but I'm sure they were there, I double checked.

Hotwire offers come and go regularly.  Do keep checking.  

But you might consider just jumping on one when it appears, rather than waiting to get info as to what hotel it is?  Especially one with all the amenities you want plus a high rating.  ESPECIALLY one that has the very same amenities as showed for your 6 night purchase, since it might be the same hotel.  

Or weighing the inconvenience of the move and deciding the higher rate for adding a night is worth it.  

Romelle

PS - I'm a member, not a board official, so this is just a personal opinion.

PPS - Rosen Inn is showing No Availability for your additional night via a Hotels..com direct purchase.

Okay, what about these two options, can you help identify?

3* Disney Maingate West area

03/26/2015 - 03/27/2015
$42 per night before taxes and fees
75% recommended
3/5 TripAdvisor rate
Free parking Free breakfast Free Internet Smoke-free rooms Fitness center Business center Self-service laundry Internet access Golf nearby

3* Disney Maingate - Celebration area

03/26/2015 - 03/27/2015

$67 per night before taxes and fees
85% recommended
4/5 TripAdvisor rate
Free parking Free Internet Fitness center Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Business center Self-service laundry Internet access Accessible for visually impaired Accessible for hearing impaired Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom Accessible parking Roll-in shower

Best guess for the Maingate West property would be the Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration... for the Celebration property my guess would be the Holiday Inn Orlando Celebration SW.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide or how it goes and we will advise accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]