Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Westin Beach Resort

Cora
By Cora,
in

Hi Ya'll!

I have a question I could really use some help with.  I have to be out in the Miami area on March 20-21 for a meeting, and since it is also the kids' Spring Break week, I thought I would take them along for a little vacation during the week prior (approximately 3/17-3/20).  The problem is, I am really, really on a budget this year and Spring Break in Florida is definitely peak season!  I've managed to find affordable airfare flying into Ft Lauderdale (it was a little cheaper than flying into Miami), but now I need a hotel or resort.  I have only spent a small amount of time in the area, so I don't know where the good beaches, resorts, etc. are.  I have some flexibility....we could stay as far south as the Keys, or as far north as West Palm Beach and still easily get back to Miami for the first meeting on Friday afternoon. (We could theoretically even go as far as Sarasota, but I prefer the Atlantic side.) I'd love to hear people's suggestions for booking zones where I might have the best luck and the best prices, and where the best properties are located.  Here is what would be ideal:

- Beach front hotel/resort (or very, very close). We like to be able to easily walk to the beach from the hotel.

- Nice clear water, sandy beach. 

- Jet skis or other water activities close by.

- Touristy area where there will be other kids and families (I don't mind if partying young adults are around, but I'd like to see families there too!).

- Nice hotel that doesn't feel run-down (but it doesn't have to be a 5* resort either).

Just a quick preliminary search shows these types of properties running about $300 and up per night.  I'd be thrilled to get something like this for around $200 per night, as we are only going to be staying 3 nights due to the budget. (Though we do have time to stay an extra day if it was affordable!)  I do realize that resort fees, parking fees, etc are common at these types of properties and I'm prepared for extra charges.  

If anyone has any ideas of where I should be looking/bidding I'd be super grateful!

:)

Not sure how many adults/children you will be in total, but as you need more than double occupancy HOTWIRE would be the better option (unless you're willing to take the risk of only one bed in the room).

If you start by searching Miami Beach and/or Fort Lauderdale Beach does anything appear within your budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok thanks!  Checking the Hotwire listings for the "Ft Lauderdale beach area" I see several properties that are "near beach."  I assume this means one or two blocks off the beach, which would be fine if it's our only option (prices start around $172 which definitely works!), but I'm wondering if there are slightly less desirable areas where we could get a property right on the beach for a similar price???  I'll keep looking!  :)

So doing a little more research, it looks like we'd have to go all the way up to Daytona Beach to get a beachfront hotel in that price range. While that's not out of the question, I think we'd rather stay a little closer to Miami/Ft Lauderdale.  So I'll have to figure out just how far off the beach the "near beach" hotels might be. We don't mind walking across a street, but several blocks would be inconvenient, especially since we might not have a rental car with us.

Ok, I might have found a hotel that could possibly work!  

4* Ft Lauderdale Beach area 

3/17-3/20

$172 per night

Resort

Pet friendly

Near beach

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Tennis nearby

Spa services

Children's activities

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

I'm guessing this is the The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, am I right?  If so I think it might work!  :)

Awesome! I think that hotel would work nicely, and the price is great! How do I enter a coupon code when booking through Hotwire?

During the checkout page, the third portion ("Promotion") has a box where you can enter a code.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Ok this worked out beautifully!!! Thank you for all your help! :)

Dates: 3/17-3/20

Rate: $169/night - $20 discount at checkout! :)

I am beyond thrilled with this rate for the 4* Westin Beach Resort, which is essentially right on the beach from what I've been reading!  Thanks again sooo much for the great advice!!!  :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]