Hotwire Hotel: Orlando hotel help

kevin347
By kevin347,
in

I am looking for a room 2 adult and 2 kids so a room with 2 double beds in Orlando for almost 5 to 6 days from May 5th or 6th 2015. The biggest issue is I am looking for a hotel with shuttle to/from airport and nearby Disney parks. I would not have car. Are there any hotels which provide both amenity and is there a way to book that at HOTWIRE? I know with PRICELINE it's uncertain.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? With Hot.wire, you can look for a hotel with shuttle as an amenity to guarantee that as an amenity. Are you seeing any listings of interest? If so, please provide the price per night, star rating, zone and full list of amenities showing.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Few issues...

I am looking for a room 2 adult and 2 kids so a room with 2 double beds in Orlando...

Hot.wire guarantees accommodations for everyone that you include in your search. While this often means two beds in the room, the second 'bed' could be a rollaway brought into the room, a pullout sofabed, etc. Would this meet your needs for this trip?

The biggest issue is I am looking for a hotel with shuttle to/from airport and nearby Disney parks.

The airport and disneyworld are not that close to each other and i therefore am not aware of any hotels that provide shuttle service to both. As well, even if you win a hotel that offers shuttle to the parks, taxi to/from the airport may be expensive and equal the cost of renting a car for the week that you will be there... assuming you are able to drive, i would re-think your decision to go without a vehicle.

Let us know your thoughts on the 2 bed situation as well as if renting a car is a option and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Most aiprort hotels offer shuttles from the airport to the hotel... but not to any of the parks.

As for the parks, are you looking at Disney-only parks (Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom) or also the Universal Studios-Sea World parks? Many (but not all) of the hotels near Disney offer a shuttle to the disney parks OR there are also private shuttle companies that for a fee have pick-up/dropoff service to the parks (but it can take awhile as each shuttle may stop at multiple parks and/or multiple hotels)

In the Universal Area i'm not certain but a few of the hotels may offer a shuttle, but i think the majority do not.

If you search MAPS and HOTELS.com you can get a good sense of just how close/far the airport is from Diseny/Universal (as well as how far apart Disney and SeaWorld are from each other)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you think I should even consider PRICELINE as an option and try the Disney resort area only ? If I target 3.5 starts and above hotel, most of them should offer the free shuttle to disney parks?

I would sooner recommend HOTWIRE from two perspectives:

1) you need more than double occupancy. With PRICELINE only double occupancy is guaranteed and after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and they may get a room with only one bed (while the chances of this are lower in Orlando (which is used to accommodating families and hotels have a high percentage of rooms with two beds vs. a city like NYC, it's still a risk you would need to accept, and since you're doing this for a friend, better to play it safe, in addition to the risk below)

2) while most hotels offer some shuttle option to the park, what if you receive one that doesn't?

With HOTWIRE you can ensure the occupancy that you need as well as take a guess as to the hotel, which will minimize the chance of not having the shuttle service that you need (assuming you guess correctly)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

There is no way to filter hotels by a 'shuttle to the parks' amenity you will have to do this manually (although we may have a tool available early next week that can help you in this endeavor). Remember, the deep discounts often seen thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE are in exchange for being [i[flexible in your plans, there are some amenities that are shown and can be guaranteed, but others, such as a shuttle to the theme parks, is not an amenity that hotels can choose to show before the purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I would also have a look at MAPS and HOTELS.com as maybe you can find something close to the park(s) at a reasonable price (those closer to the parks may be more inclined to offer shuttle service, but you can research them by clicking thru each hotel).

Good luck and let us know how we can be of further help OR what you ultimately decide.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks, hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]