Priceline Hotel: 4* Ottawa - Hull (Ottawa) Ottawa Marriott Hotel

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

I have been trying to get a hotel in Ottawa for our Canada Day July 1st celebrations but have not been successful. I had bid on 4*, 3.5* and 3* and all the way up to $100 and no luck.

So after 3 nights in a row I finally got a 4* for a great rate. I decided that my highest bod would be $115. I know this is a very busy time for Ottawa being our Nation's Capital with Canada Day celebrations so I upped it to that rate.

Here is how my last bidding went and then this one

Ottawa 4*-----------------$80----- declined

added Gatineau East--$85------declined

added Orleans----------$90------declined

added Ottawa Airport-$95------declined

added Gloucester-----$97------declined

added Hampton Park--$99----declined

added Ottawa West---$100---declined

Ottawa 4*-----------------$95-----declined

added Gatineau East--$100---declined

added Orleans-----------$105--declined

added Ottawa Airport--$110-----------------ACCEPTED---Marriott Ottawa Hotel...awesome location

Total with taxes for the two night is $267 Canadian Dollars. If I booked it on Hotels.com/Expedia.ca/Marriott.com the it would have come to $533 total for the two nights.

It is a 10 minute walk to Parliament Hill where all the Canada Day festivities will be going on. This completes my July 1st-Canada Day/July 4th-Independence Day trip. (Ottawa Tue June 30th-Thu July 2nd/Washington DC Thu July 2nd-Mon July 6th).

Thanks again guys, this is getting pretty good. Now have my hotels for 2 trips all set thanks to you all.

I am definitely pleased. The location is perfect, only a 10 min walk to the festivities, and Marriott properties are always top notch. With how much the rate is booking it on the other travel sites, I think I definitely scored good with this. And I always figured getting the hotels out of the way now even though it is about 5 1/2 months away, is the right thing. The closer the time comes, the higher the rates will go and less availability as well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]