Priceline Hotel: Priceline Express - 2 Rooms - Price quoted per roo

zzdocxx
By zzdocxx,
in

Simple question here.

Looking at Paris, for two rooms for four nights, and thought I would see what PRICELINE EXPRESS offered.  (Used BB link of course ! )

Price quoted for one option was $285 per night.

I couldn't tell if that was per room, or for 2 rooms per night.

I picked a really cheap option and clicked it through, but without entering guest names.  It showed what the cost and fees would be and it appeared that the quoted price included the cost of both rooms.

Seems like a small issue but just a little confusing to me.  I don't want to get hit with twice the expense that I expected.

1.  Can anyone answer this definitively?

2.  Also wondering about the standards for the hotels in Paris, if the three and four star hotels are comparable to what we would expect here.

3.  Are weekend or weekday prices more expensive ?  I figured weekend so thinking of making the jump over from London during the week but can change plans. 

Thanks so much.  I will post any winning bids or reservations made through PRICELINE EXPRESS.

:)

1.  Can anyone answer this definitively?

As you have since learned, but i will mention to confirm and clarify for anyone else asking a similar question... room rates are posted per room and per nite.

2.  Also wondering about the standards for the hotels in Paris, if the three and four star hotels are comparable to what we would expect here.

Generally speaking European hotels are a bit more generous with their star ratings... to be on the safe side i would deduct a half star from any hotel rating in Europe in order to equate with their US counterparts.

3.  Are weekend or weekday prices more expensive ?  I figured weekend so thinking of making the jump over from London during the week but can change plans.

This is likely too general of a question... it would be logical to think weekend rates would be slightly less than midweek rates (since mid week has both business travelers and tourists... whereas weekends are mostly just tourists)Rates are really date specific, but any event taking place in the area could easily skew things in the other direction. HOWEVER, you can easily answer this question as it pertains to your specific dates by doing a BiddingHelper.com search for one set of dates and looking at the PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE results for the star rating and zone combination you are considering, and then comparing these to rates for an alternate set of dates.

Thanksforusing

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let us know if/when you find something within your budget and we will try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and whatever you decide to do for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]