Hotwire Hotel: 5* New York City (Financial District - Wall Street) Conrad New York

Ajasmineflower
By Ajasmineflower,
in

5* properties generally stay expensive, even in the slower periods. Additionally, the Jan-Feb period is the slowest period - once you get into mid-March, rates start to tick up a bit.

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the Trump Soho would be a definite possibility.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please start by following-up your Octoboer NYC thread indicating if your second purchase was thru HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS (or some other booking site) as well as your December trip with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS property above, my guess would be the Greenwich Hotel or the Trump Soho. Are you willing to pay $325/nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Trump Soho looks a lot like The James.

I will be staying at The Conrad again for March 12-15 most likely.

Figured I would try a new hotel for a night (March 11-12)..I know weekdays are more expensive..

A hotel with huge windows that shows the city and the bed is within 2 or so feet of the big window is a big plus. (so, the greenwich hotel would not work for me)

What should I expect to pay for a 5* hotel that weekend , in the FD? I thought $260 was a bit high for March.

Which hotel areas would be cheaper during the weekday and still offer a spectacular view?  (below $350 for the night)

Thank you for the help!

Can you please start by following-up your most recent hotel win indicating the service used and the amenities associated with the when you made the purchase. (also, please post your wins as you receive them so that others can benefit from the information for their own stays around the same timeframe)

If using PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, how do you propose to only target hotels that offer a view? (and then being able to get a room with any type of view, since some rooms at all hotels will have no view at all)

Are you only willing to stay Downtown for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have only stayed at the conrad so far for most of my trips, so the view hasnt been an issue. I usually call them and request a river view room right away (about $50 more a night)

Other hotels may not be as willing (or able) to give you a room with an upgrade to a room with a view, paid or unpaid, is this a risk you're willing to accept?

I'm willing to stay Downtown, Upper West side, SOHO, Tribeca, mostly on the east side I guess.

Note that there are no 5* hotels offered in the UWS zone so of these three, if you're bidding at the 5* level, only Downtown and Soho-Tribeca would be your bidding zones.

If you are looking to stay as close to $260 as possible (which say seems high for March) for a 5* hotel i think the Upper East Side and CPS zones give you the best chance (although you should include all zones that you find to be acceptable for this solo nite)

Please confirm the zones you're willing to bid and we will take it from there.

PS- to keep things orderly we will use this thread for your March 11 stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for help with, or to report a win for, the March 12-15 nites. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm willing to stay... mostly on the east side I guess.

SOHO, midtown, tribeca..pretty much the places on the west side of manhattan. but not harlem!

To avoid any confusion please list the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you're willing to stay in, and re-confirm your maximum bid (still seeking 5* hotels?) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

no, neither one of those applied.

I couldnt find it again. I did however find a MTE 4* $122 3/12-3/15

Amenities

Boutique hotel
    Fitness center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Internet access

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired
    Accessible for hearing impaired
    Accessible path of travel
    In-room accessibility

any ideas?

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

If you see:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

This MTE 4* would likely be the Lexington.

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

This is the same amenity set as AaronJB posted and i'd agree with the guess of the The Lexington.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

As far as your issue above, you can try calling HOTWIRE but i don't think it will do much good... rates change based upon supply/demand.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]