Priceline Hotel: 2* NYC (MTS) Murray Hill East Suites

skelman
By skelman,
in

Reserved this for a friend who is coming to town. Tried all four Midtown zones @ $90, starting with 4* (a long shot) and gradually lowering the rating until I got this 2* hotel:

Murray Hill East Suite Hotel

149 East 39th Street

New York, New York 10016

212-661-2100

Price: $90.00 x 6 nights + $99.34 = $639.34

Unfortunately there is very little guidance in this forum for less expensive properties in New York, so perhaps I could have paid a little less, although I doubt I overpaid all that much. The lowest Hotwire had for those dates was $105 and that's also in the less expensive Upper West Side area.

Orbitz has this hotel listed at $125, but by the time you add their inflated fees, it comes up to $950, almost 50% more that the total Priceline rate I got. So, I guess I didn't do too badly...

Unfortunately there is very little guidance in this forum for less expensive properties in New York...

I would have to disagree... this is an interactive forum, so if you need additional guidance all you need to do is ask for help.

This board was started with no posts, and the hotel lists were built one win at a time, yet even from day one we were able to assist users who asked for help.

Thanks for sharing your win and have fun with your friend.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess what I mean by guidance is almost purely recent pricing information. After winning -- and reporting -- about 40 hotel bids on both Priceline and Hotwire, all I really need is a starting point. Occasionally, like in the case of Venetian in Las Vegas, I still ask for help, but for the most part I can devise my own strategies.

In any event, don

Actually, as far as I can tell, Murray Hill East is still offered through Hotwire for $118+tax, which would add up to about $855 for six nights. There is a 2.5* hotel in the MTS area with Fitness Center, Kitchenette and Laundry Facilities listed, along with a 4/5 rating from TripAdvisor, so this must be it.

With that in mind, I suppose I did pretty well on Priceline...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]