Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square

thegirlwho
By thegirlwho,
in

Hi all
Planning quite far in advance I know but this works ok for me normally. Could you help to identify these properties on Hotwire?

Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen area 3.5*

$457 total stay 

Facilities:

Free Internet
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry

Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen area 3.5* 
$524 total stay
Facilities
Free Internet
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Golf nearby

Thanks in advance 

Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOT.WIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOT.WIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Using the method above, what is the room rate per nite for each offer before taxes/fees?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- please also follow-up your previous Priceline Los Angeles thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip. Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm only seeing one 3.5* hotel offered in this zone when searching for your dates (the first one you have listed), but I also believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 3.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, the Four Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare

Ok clicked through and they are both there. Although have gone up by $2.00 a night. 

The 1st one which you have mentioned does have the below amenities yes. 

Can you help with the second hotel though with the full amenity set? It is now showing as a 3* by the way which is strange as if I click back onto hotwire here, it shows as a 3.5* 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

Thanks 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

I see the amenities above listed for a 3 star property, but note that this is a different amenity set than the 2nd hotel in your original post... this one has an Indoor Pool and not Golf (and possibly some other differences, those were the two i noticed at first glance).

With the above noted, i don't have any insight into this property, but with the lower star rating, lower previous guest recommendation rating, lower TA rating, and higher cost... i think the 3.5* is clearly the better offer/value.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hi thereuare 

The second 3.5* is now showing again. This time for $133 a night. 

Full amenities shown on Hotwire are - 

Amenities
Free Internet
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Golf nearby
Accessibility
Accessible for visually impaired
Accessible for hearing impaired

It says 70% recommended - so I a, assuming - maybe incorrectly that this could be the Wyndham. If you could let me know your thoughts that would be great. 

Thanks

I'm seeing this listing when searching for these dates. 

However:

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

If you see: 

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that the Wyndham New Yorker may have been downgraded to 3.5*.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have additional questions, we would be happy to help.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]