Priceline Hotel: Experience with El Paso

Joe H
By Joe H,
in

Headed to the USBC Open Championships (bowling tournament) at the end of May.  Just looking to see if anyone has had any recent experience with the El Paso area lately?  Search shows only a few wins in 2014.  Can get a few properties for around $70 through various websites (Kayak, etc) and the Ramada for around $60.  Wasn't sure if it would be worth trying to bid on something in the $40 range.

It's been a few years since I have bid on anything and will need to re-read the re-bid strategy.

Check in 5/18 check out 5/22..  Downtown would be the best, could probably settle with El Paso  West Sunland and the ELP Airport..   We will more than likely the renting a car as well.

Not quite sure we are ready to book quite yet, just exploring options at the moment, but if the pricing looks right I could book today.  They usually charge the whole stay up front right?

Currently in the Airport zone i think you may be able to get a 3* hotel in the $40-$50 area... but let us know once you're ready to bid and confirm the zones you're willing to accept, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

If you decide to wait, you may want to consider to book a back-up using our sister site RefundableRates.com... then sign up for alerts using our RateDrop service which will send you an email any time a a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offer within your desired zone and star rating drops to your 'buy point'. ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just browsing around and looking at the BiddingHelper and it says that the Priceline Searches are Double Occupancy only.  We MIGHT have a third person going with us (one of the reasons I wasn't sure if I was ready to book yet.)  Are there any options for a third person or should we still just book like normal?

If you book via Price.line bidding, you are only guaranteed double occupancy/1 bed. The first part is usually not an issue, the second part is often an issue, but may vary by city, hotel or even the day. Overall, plenty of people use Price.line's discount side for triple occupancy, but the bedding situation may not be optimal. Hot.wire, where you can search for more than 2 people - is a better option.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ahh, I see...  Every time I have used Price.line Bidding in the past I have always received two beds..  Didn't realize there were sometimes only single beds in the rooms (never thought about king rooms.)  We had 4 in a King room in Vegas a few years ago at the Golden Nugget..  Worked well, had 2 in the bed, one on a roll a away and the tag a long got the floor   :)  We booked that right thought the Nugget though..  Usually I call after I win a bid (a few years ago in New Orleans) and see if I can request two beds and has never been an issue, but I guess like you said, it depends on the market.

Thank you, I will talk with the guys tonight and see what they want to try and do.

You definitely may get two beds, it's just that there's no guarantee. It also varies by city - in NYC, 2 beds from a Price.line bidding reservation is highly unlikely. In El Paso, likely better odds, but not a 100% guarantee (some have reported to the board getting only 1 bed even in very small areas.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to follow up with this thread.  We received a $50 rate at the Quality Inn on Yarborough Ave through the tournament we are attending and decided to book with that instead.  

Thanks for you help, this site is usually my first stop when traveling and looking at hotels.  I am actually about to start a thread in the Michigan section for another trip in May.  

Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]