Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Paris (Latin Quarter - Sorbonne) Villa Pantheon

kdub83
By kdub83,
in

Help to ID 3.5* in Paris (Notre Dame - Marais)

I used the bidding tool to locate a 3.5* hotel for two adults AND a 13 year old child in the Notre Dame-Marais area for $179/night from April 1-7.

Ammenities are listed below.  When I search for avilable properties on hotwire and limit my search to 3-3.5* properties in that same area and check the pet frieldly, fitness center, and business center amenities I fail to find a single hotel in the area tha meets that criteria.  I'm new to Hotwire but very familiary with Priceline.  Am I doing something terribly wrong?  Thanks for any assistance!!

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm seeing this same property offered in both the HOTWIRE tab as well as the EASY VIEW tab, but if the hotel is appearing in the EASY VIEW why do you also need it to appear in the HOTWIRE tab?

With the above noted, a property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, but the Villa Beaumarchais seems like a good fit and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Decided to try and change locations and this may be tough to ID.  Dates are April 1-7 for two adults and a 13 year old in Saint Germain - Luxembourg Gardens - Invalides for $123/night, amenities shown below.  Hotwire says 95% recommended but I am a little leary of booking a 2.5* hotel with no idea which property it could be.  The past history forum has no prior results for 2.5* in this area.  Also, when I check the standard rate hotels tab in this area with the same date/occupancy criteria I don't see a 2.5* property available to even narrow down the possibilites.  Thanks!!

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Business center, Internet access

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the bottom right corner of this page in order to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase.

I don't have any insight into the 2.5* property above, but given the 3.0/5.0 TA rating, i would suggest looking elsewhere if your budget allows it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for merging threads.  True, won't want to take a risk on a 2.5* with little to no info.  Am now moving my sights (last time hopefully) to the Latin Quarter.  3.5* for $185/night (still two adults and one 13 year old; April 1-7).  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Internet access.

Villa Pantheon possibly, but still little to go on?

The Villa Pantheon would be my guess for this one.

Not sure of your needs for this stay but how about this 4* Eiffel Tower property for $170/nite:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess here would be the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel

In Europe i tend to favor the higher rated hotels given that their star rating system is a bit more 'generous' than their US counterparts.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Decided to go the 3.5* in the Latin Quarter as I was rather confident it was Villa Pantheon and the location won me over.  Price ended up being slightly lower than the first time I searched this location.

Amenities shown: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Internet access

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that will work for your needs and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List..

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 months later...

So a little follow-up on my trip. First off, lovely hotel in a nice area. However, upon arrival I am told that there is a 60 Euro per night additional fee for my third person in the room. They say this is their standard contract with Hotwire and that Hotwire should have informed me of such or should have covered it up-front.  I am told Hotwire did not cover it and had done this same thing the week before with another guest booking. As my hotel booking is non-refundable it's always nice to be stuck between a rock and a hard place at the start of your vacation. I e-mail with Hotwire whose only response is that the room is guaranteed to fit 3 people (not helpful) and that I should call them if I have any other questions. I call them at their number listed for "Other Countries" and try to talk to someone who was not helpful in the least as I try to explain that Hotwire, not me, should cover this as I paid for a room for 3 people (supposedly). Later a staff member at the hotel called Hotwire to try and explain the situation, again to no avail. Does anyone have any advice on how to get Hotwire to honor their agreement and somehow reimburse me for the approximately $400 I had to shell out for my room? Thanks!

Make a printout of your confirmation page which shows that you booked for triple occupancy (just in case it should mysteriously change in the future).

You didn't say what HOTWIRE's stance when you reached out to them the first time (only that it was less than helpful), but i would contact them again and if not resolved with the first person you speak to ask for a supervisor, as this should be easily resolved (once you get in touch with somebody who will listen and not just speak from a script)

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

• 3 weeks later...

Final update:  Called Hotwire and explained the situation.  They tried to call the Hotel while I was on hold to talk to the manager but because of the time differece the manager was not in.  They wanted me to call back later and try again.  I complained I didn't want to go through this multiple times until we happen to catch the manager when he's available to discuss the situation.  The rep offered to put in some type of request to have the charge researched and get back to me.  They requested I fax in my documentation and within a few days they notified me that they would reimburse me the charge from the hotel.  Within 10 days I received my refund.  Good job by Hotwire to make everything right.  Thanks for the help/advise!

Glad to hear it ultimately worked out and you're pleased with the final outcome.

HOTWIRE is usually very good at resolving situations once you can get somebody to list and is authorized to take action (as long as it's a 'concrete' situation as this one was... not a subjective situation where you're trying to argue the star rating assigned to a property).

It took a bit of legwork on your part, but nice to see it's now taken care of... thanks for the follow-up!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]