Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown Central) Park Central Hotel

Ofir.Levi
By Ofir.Levi,
in

If you can't get the full list of amenities to appear in the BiddingHelper.com, you can use this alternate option:

search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Unfortunately i don't have any insight into this HOTWIRE offer.

Since this a multi-nite stay, and the TA reviews are good, you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay. (but with two kids in tow not sure of your thoughts on this approach)

If not, what is it that you're looking for from this stay and what is your maximum budget per nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

We are 2 adults and 2 kids (3 and 6 y/o).

Looking for hotel for 4 nights - 04/05/2015 - 09/04/2015.

We're looking for something in Manhattan (Midtown, Times Square Theatre District, Empire state building, Hell's kitchen, Chelsea and maybe others, depends of location and deal).

Budget around $200 per night, including all taxes and fees.

We're looking for something basic plus, maybe more than that, decent, that looks good and feel nice.

I saw here a post for ROW NYC, that kind of hotels would be great.

Is that reasonable to ask for our budget?

Thanks for your advise and help.

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread - thanks.

When searching for 2 adults and 2 children for your dates, I'm seeing (the price you see may vary slightly):

4* MTC $208 Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess this may be a new amenity set for the Park Central.

3.5* TS $183 Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible. This would be a possible match for the Row.

4* ESB $225 Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly. Possible match for the Affinia Shelburne or Affinia Dumont.

Would any of these be of interest?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I checked your results, but non of what I get says: Hi-Speed Internet.

Only says "Internet access".

For the MTC 4* I get $210.

For TS 3.5* I get $186.

They are all great for me, but I still want to seek for less price.

I would like to pay around $200 inclusive of all fees and taxes.

Can you help?

Thanks.

I checked your results, but non of what I get says: Hi-Speed Internet.

Only says "Internet access".

If not using the EASY VIEW of BiddingHelper.com, are you stopping at Step#2 below and not continuing on to Step#3

If you can't get the full list of amenities to appear in the BiddingHelper.com, you can use this alternate option:

search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

I would like to pay around $200 inclusive of all fees and taxes.

What is this before taxes and fees? Given the least expensive centrally located hotel within Manhattan is currently a 2* MSG property at $170/nite (which comes to $216/nite all-in after fees/taxes... not to mention we typically recommend avoiding the lowest rated hotels in NYC) how do you propose staying under $200/nite all-in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

First, I'm, using the BiddingHelper tool and the results are the same (FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility)

Second, I follow your steps, I get the "See more" for amenities, and I see only "Internet Access" not "Hi-Speed Internet".

I understand the limits of my low budget and I agree with you, I might increase my budget.

Before deciding to increase budget, I want to ask if it's too much risky to bid on priceline, challenge my luck for these 3.5-4* hotels in a central location.

We are 2 adults with 2 kids, and priceline guarantee only double occupancy.

Also, can you suggest more hotels on these level (ROW NYC and and prices and Park Central) to expand the search to lower and upper areas in Manhattan?

RE: Internet Access vs. Hi-Speed Internet

--> these are the same

RE: PRICELINE

--> i'm fairly conservative and i would not take the risk of using PRICELINE for quad occupancy in NYC... in Orlando (or some other family-centric location i'd be more OK with it... but not in NYC as hotels here have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, rooms with two beds are often considered and upgrade, and many rooms are so small that they can't accommodate a roll-a-way bed)

What looks like the Row NYC is offered for your dates for $183/nite, but this property now charges a $20/nite resort fee, so you're looking at $254/nite all-in when it's all said and done.

You could stay outside of Manhattan at the Jersey City Hyatt for $139/nite, and there is a PATH train into Manhattan right at the hotel entrance, but this would be a much less convenient option to staying directly in Manhattan (especially with two young kids in tow as you may want to return to the hotel during the day), but it is a less expensive option, although i'd recommend paying a bit more for a more convenient experience)

Can you confirm this one is Park Central?

For our dates: 04/05/2014 - 09/05/2014 (4 nights, 2 adults + 2 kids).

4* $210 ($412 +- regular price)

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

85% recommended

4 out of 5 TripAdvisor rating.

For our dates: 04/05/2014 - 09/05/2014 (4 nights, 2 adults + 2 kids).

April 5-9??

Which zone is this property located in? If MTC are you comfortable with the price plus the $27/nite resort fee on top of the fees/taxes?

I'm very familiar with this area so if you've conceded to increasing your budget, let us know your new maximum and we will suggest your best option(s) for these dates.

I would agree with the guess of the Park Central.

For other options please let us know your maximum budget per nite (before taxes/fees as well as 'all-in') that you would be willing to pay at this moment.

There is no way to know if rates will come down or move higher between now and your trip, but this is the start of the busy season in NYC, and in NYC searching for quad occupancy can often limit your options.

Currently i'm seeing an offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS in the CPS zone for $205/nite ($253/nite all-in) that shows a bed choice of 1 Bed + Sofabed that would likely work for your needs... my guess for this one would be the Shoreham.

I'm also still seeing The Row NYC in Times Square ($264/nite all-in) and the Wyndham New Yorker for $252 all-in.

Your thoughts?

Use this link to search HOTWIRE for your dates, 2adults/2children, and there should be a 4* hotel in the MTC zone for ~$215 (your price may differ by a few dollars either way) with a resort fee of $27.21 and :

Fitness

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

OR

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

... my guess for either would be the Park Central Hotel (although if you can find the 2nd listing, with the resort fee listed, i would have increased confidence since the more amenities showing gives an increase in confidence)

Thanksforusing

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and although higher than you originally thought would be necessary, that you're overall pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great time in NYC... and let me know if you have any questions regarding the city (or what to do with the kids while here)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]