Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Regents Park - Baker Street - Camden Market) Tulip Apartments

Northshorecowboy
By Northshorecowboy,
in

Wanted to share this "win" because it wasn't really one I'd deem successful. 

Wanted to stay in the Camden area of London and found a 4 Star hotel on Hotwire's Secret Hot Rates, Regent Park - Baker Street - Camden Market, for US $106 + taxes & fees (only ammentties listed were Free Internet).  Examples included Westin, Hyatt, Sheraton, Omni, Kimpton...

I looked at the Pinned Hotel list and saw that 2 4 Star hotels listed - the Holiday Inn Camden Locks and the Melia White House.  Also saw that most all Wins posted in the past year were for the Holiday Inn.  I also checked Priceline Express deals and again, the Holiday Inn was the only 4 Star listed and the main hotel won.  Of course, there are always other possibilities...

...I made my purchase and learned I had gotten a room at the Tulip Apartments.  This is a small, 28 room Condo Building. The rooms vary, with some being Studios and others suites. All have a kitchen.  The photos make it look nice, and the location is good if you want to be in Camden, BUT this is definitely NOT a 4 Star hotel.  No restaurant, room service, concierge, fitness center, daily room cleaning...  Reviews on Trip Advisor were 3 star to 1 star, no raves. 

SO, Buyer Beware.  It isn't a terrible place, and in different circumstances, I love having an apartment style place, but when you are purchasing a 4 Star Hotel, and there is no mention of Apartment / Suite possibilities, it is a shock to end up with the Tulip Apartments. 

Aftermath:  I contacted Hotwire immediately. Worked my way up to a Manager and she helped me out somewhat.  She would only give me a refund as long as I made another booking right then and there though.  So, I ended up getting the Holiday Inn at Standard Rate of $179.  This is actually not as bad as it would seem.  This price included all taxes and fees, so the real difference was $38 a day. And, I am now at a hotel I know will meet my needs.

Glad to see you were able to work something out with HOTWIRE.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the address of this hotel, as well as start a NEW TOPIC for your Holiday Inn purchase.

Thank you for sharing your results/experience with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]