Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

dave589
By dave589,
in

Need Help IDing the following:

Dates: 12/29-12/31

4.5*-$81

Mag Mile North- Water Tower

FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4.5*-$76

Mag Mile Area- River North

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Vail Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to try to ID the above listings.)

Also, please let me know if you have any Chicago questions - I'm very familiar to the area and would be happy to offer any suggestions/recommendations.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The hotels above:

4.5* Mag Mile-RN - Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. Likely Intercontinental.

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. Likely Hyatt (on St Clair)

However, neither hotel is really what I would call ultra-romantic - the Hyatt is a really nice business hotel. The Intercontinental has a beautiful lobby area and a cool history, but is otherwise, a giant convention hotel.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Thankfully this is a very slow period.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Some examples of more romantic hotels:

Regular rate:

*The Burnham. ($125 on the regular rate side of HOTWIRE) This is a classic, beautifully restored property on State St (so it isn't in the Michigan Ave area.) The building is a significant architectural landmark and retained/restored a lot of elements of the original architecture.

* MileNorth ($98, regular rate HOTWIRE) Well-reviewed boutique a couple of blocks away from the center of the Michigan Ave area.

* Godfrey ($95, reg rate HOTWIRE on sale) Haven't stayed here, but this new property looks gorgeous and is right in the River North area - tons of restaurants and nightlife nearby.

----

On HOTWIRE's discount side, when searching for 2 adults and 2 children (this doesn't appear if you search for 2 adults only), a 4.5* w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. This would likely be the James. That would be a solid boutique option.

I'm also seeing when searching for 2 adults a 4.5* in the Mag Mile N-WT area for $90 (you may see a slightly different rate) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower. This would be a possible match for the Sofitel  - if this is the Sofitel, that would be an awesome choice for a romantic property, plus convenient to Michigan Ave and the Gold Coast area.

Let me know if you have any questions before booking.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, as HOTWIRE only shows a limited number of hotels at each star level, there is a (very good) chance that the hotel you're hoping for isn't being offered for your dates.

You mention that you'd like to stay below $125/nite, but i will mention that with the following link can book the Ivy Boutique for $139/nite (confirm your dates on the landing page) if it's worth an extra $15/nite to get your preferred hotel for these nites.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the Ivy Boutique linked above) or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I haven't stayed in the Ivy, but it's gotten solid reviews and it's actually one of the smallest (and quite possibly the smallest) hotels in the city. It's in a thin building next to where the Museum of Contemporary Art used to be. Note that on the page at the link that thereuare posted, the room for $139/cheapest option is a king suite, which is usually an upgrade. This is a sale on King Suite rooms, which is most likely not what you would get if you were to get the hotel via one of the discount services. (PRICELINE bidding/HOTWIRE discount rate.)

Otherwise, I do think the potential James or especially the Sofitel on HOTWIRE are good options for less and that savings can be put towards something else (a nice dinner, etc.) The Godfrey at $95 via HOTWIRE regular rate is also a cheaper boutique option and that's right in River North.

In terms of a romantic setting, I think there's so many wonderful restaurants in River North and the downtown area, but I think a restaurant that comes to mind with more of a view and quiet setting is North Pond (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g35805-d455982-Reviews-North_Pond-Chicago_Illinois.html, http://www.yelp.com/biz/north-pond-chicago), which is right by the Zoo and overlooks the pond and city in the distance. You can then combine that with the famed Second City theater in nearby Old Town (as well as one of my favorite stores in the city, the Spice House, which is in Old Town - http://www.thespicehouse.com/info/chicago-spice-store.html) Otherwise, please let me know likes/dislikes and I'd be happy to offer other suggestions.

I'm not a huge fan of Uno's/Due, but Groupon does have an admittedly good deal at Due (https://www.groupon.com/deals/pizzeria-due). I'm also a fan of Argo Tea (another good Groupon: https://www.groupon.com/deals/argo-tea-1). It may be difficult to get in (you also have to make a reservation through Groupon for the deal), but there's a good deal for Frontera, from famed chef Rick Bayless (https://www.groupon.com/deals/frontera-grill-2) In terms of pizza, I'm a bit more of a Lou Malnatis fan or for thin crust, I like La Madia in River North (http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/la-madia-chicago#cUq35UCUFPU3MRLcbv4tqg)

I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Mag Mile N-WT area for $93 (you may see a slightly different price than I do) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that it's the Sofitel with a slightly different amenity set than it's been seen with previously.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received a great deal at this property and it was the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]