Hotwire Hotel: 3* Tacoma La Quinta Inn and Suites Tacoma Seattle

headinsouth
By headinsouth,
in

Can you also help ID 2* in Tacoma South Lakewood

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

And a 2.5* Tacoma South Lakewood

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

Thanks!

Please add a reply to your previous Hotwire hotel win with the amenities associated with the property you received (how to still view this information is in our reply to that thread)... then reply here with the dates of your Tacoma stay and we will have a look at the offers above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing different properties offered, based upon your previous win, are you searching for more than double occupancy for this stay... if so, how many rooms/adults/children are you including in your search?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 'opaque' side of HOTWIRE and the 'retail' side each use a different universe of hotels so you shouldn't expect the retail side to give you a full list of the possibilities from the opaque side.

My guess for the 3* would be the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Tacoma South Lakewood.... i'm also seeing, for just about the same price, what appears to be the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Tacoma.

I don't have a guess for the 2* or 2.5* properties.

Would either of these work for your needs this trip?

So the searches above were all done on a tablet. I got on the computer just now and that shows a second 3*.... why does that not pull on the tablet? Tablet still isn't showing it and I have the site pulled up on both now. I am searching just Tacoma. This is using the Hotwite link, not the easy view. The first 3* is bidding at $64, regular $103 with 2 asterixes behind that not sure why), 50% recommended. Free breakfast, free parking, free internet are highlighted in green. Pool, pet friendly, fitness center, business center, self service laundry are grey, so I assume that means they aren't available.

The second 3* is bidding at $68, regular $100 (with one asterix behind that), 80% recommended. Free breakfast, free parking, free internet are highlighted in green. Pet friendly, fitness center, business center, self service laundry are greyed.

Easy view only shows one of the 3*, but has it listed at $66 with no original price indicsted or reviews. full amenities listed as free parking, free breakfast, free internet, pet friendly, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, self service laundry, internet access, accessible bathroom, accessible parking.

So a) why is the tablet dropping one of the results completely? And b) is this probably 3 different hotels or is the easy view one probably one of the other 2? I am so confused now.

HOTWIRE is always experimenting and can sometimes show different results from one search to the next.

Regardless, i assume the 50% recommended property is not a viable option.

For the 2nd and 3rd properties... HOTWIRE lists any amenities with 'free' in the name as green (in order to highlight them), the other greyed out amenities are not necessarily greyed out, but rather that is the color text that HOTWIRE has used to display them. If you continue click thru that offer to get to the detail page and continue the booking do you then see more amenities listed?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

The 3* with the 80% approval disappeared so I went with the one on the Easy view tab. It showed $66 on the search but dropped to $62 when I went into the details. Ended up with La Quinta.

full amenities listed as free parking, free breakfast, free internet, pet friendly, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, self service laundry, internet access, accessible bathroom, accessible parking.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the price was even lower when you clicked thru and that you're pleased with the outcome for this nite.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new details for this property.

Please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]