Priceline Hotel: Help: Orlando Hotel, 4*, International Drive

Nawafe
By Nawafe,
in

Hello,

I need your suggesetion on how to land a good price for a 4 or 5 star hotel in Orlando, most likely a 4*...for the period between 12/22 to 12/29 in the International Drive area. I would like to think of a price between 50 and 70 max.

We are two adults and one child (3 years old) and an infant (3 months).

thx

To get started...

NOTE that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. The risk of there being an issue is much lower in Orlando (where hotels are used to accommodating families and have a high percentage of rooms with more than one bed) vs. say a city such as NYC where space is at a premium and there are a much larger percentage of rooms with only one bed (and little or no room for a rollaway)... HOWEVER, you are coming during a peak travel period in the area so the hotel's options to accommodate may be limited if the hotel is near fully occupancy.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE would still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)... or choosing a PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel that shows a 'Bed Choice' option with one of those options being a room configuration that will accommodate the needs of your family.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is your budget firm at $70 as i think that may be difficult given this is a busy time of year in the area (schools all across the country are out for vacation) regardless of whether you use HOTWIRE (for more than double occupancy) or if you were to use PRICELINE.

Ensuring accommodations for your entire family I am seeing what i'm guessing to be the (very well reviewed) Rosen Shingle Creek for $105/nite... would this for your needs, OR would you prefer to try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower rate (and the occupancy possibly being an issue) or lowering your star rating while ensuring accommodations for your entire family.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]