Priceline Hotel: 4* San Jose (Palo Alto) Westin Palo Alto

bookhound
By bookhound,
in

Actually, wanted to comment on some of the bidding and the question that was brought up previously re. 41/2* and 5* hotels that are listed in Palo Alto. I was actually aiming for the Westin, so my strategy was to start with 4* and then add 41/2 and 5 for the free re-bids. However, after the first time my bid was rejected, the 4 1/2 and 5* were already checked for the rebid with the request to add another area or star level. That's when I added Mountain view.

What gives? What's up with theses dummy hotels (4 1/2 and 5*)?

This has nothing to do with 'dummy' zone... the star rating you choose is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept. Therefore, when you placed your 4* bid, PRICELINE also checked 4.5* and 5* hotels on this bid, which is why they were pre-selected when you went to make your second bid.

Hope that sheds some on the subject.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So, every time I check a star rating, the ones above are automatically checked, too? Of course, there's only one 5* hotel in Palo Alto (the Four Seasons); the Epiphany seems to be rated 4*, too on PL.

Effectively, if you bid 4* you are bidding 4* and above. There is the potential you could get upgraded on a 4* bid to a higher level (as there is the potential for any bid to upgraded to the next highest star level, if one exists.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]