Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown East) Roosevelt Hotel

overhear
By overhear,
in

Hello,

Happy thanksgiving to all you in the US! As it's not turkey day here in Melbourne, I'm continuing my quest for an affordable hotel in NYC. I've booked at the Comfort Inn Financial Center as a backup, but I don't think we'd be thrilled to be there.

If you would, can you help me ID these 2 Hotwire hotels in NYC? Right now I'm looking at 12/9-12.

Thank you!

3.5* Times Square - $210 - Belvedere or Hotel Manhattan at Times Sq.???

FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s),

Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access,

Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing

impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility,

Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3* - Times Square - $192 - Washington Jeffereson?
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center,

Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access

3.5* TS Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower. Likely Belvedere

3* TS Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry. Not yet ID'd/reported to the board, but a new amenity set for Washington Jefferson would be a guess.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hello,

We're getting ready to begin our journey, so I'll have to wrap up the NYC portion of our trip. Rates in NYC for 12/9-12 continue to inch up. 

Would you mind helping with some new IDs?

3.5* - Empire State Building - $235 

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

3* - Empire State Building - $238

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

3* - MTC - $234

FULL AMENITIES: Internet access

3.5* - Soho Tribeca - $254

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

As always, I very much appreciate your help.

3.5* ESB. Not yet ID'd/reported to the board. A new amenity set for the Martha Washington would be a maybe, but that's really a guess and it could certainly be something else.

3* ESB. Not yet ID'd/reported to the board. A new amenity set for the Hampton Inn 35th would be a guess.

3.5* MTC The Ameritania has been seen with this amenity before, but given how common this amenity is there's certainly the possibility it may be something else.

3.5* Soho - Would likely be the Holiday Inn Soho.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Sorry, I think I got my zones confused. I'm trying to expand my options a bit, but see that the UES hasn't been ID'd much. 

If you have a chance, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the properties below. Sorry for all the flailing around. You're certainly right that I picked a tough week to visit NYC.

3.5* - MTE - $258

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3* - MTE - $260 (Club Quarters? The free breakfast doesn't match)

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

3.5* Upper East Side - $211

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

3.5* - Upper East Side - $235

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Studio, Full kitchen, Air conditioning, Fitness center, 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

Best guess for each:

3.5* - MTE - $258

--> Lexington New York City

3* - MTE - $260

--> Hampton Inn Manhattan/United Nations

3.5* Upper East Side - $211

--> Bentley Hotel (downgraded from the 4* level)

3.5* - Upper East Side - $235

--> The Marmara Manhattan

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Phew! I'm glad that's over with! It turned out that what appeared to be the Lexington was the Roosevelt. There's a bit of whinging about the place on Tripadvisor, and although I can't say I'm elated with the outcome, I think we'll have a great time and a great stay at the Roosevelt. The location is perfect, it's described as impeccably clean, and given the pre-holiday prices, I'd say we got a great deal.

Thanks so much to the senior members for your assistance!

Congratulations on your success!

The Roosevelt is an older, historic, property that is well located near Grand Central which will easily get you to most places you are heading within the city. It's "old school" in the sense that it has a very grand lobby area, large chandeliers, etc.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]