Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Miami (Downtown) Courtyard

jkloni
By jkloni,
in

Hi,

I need 3 rooms in Miami for 1 pre-cruise night. We don't land in Fort Lauderdale until 1155pm so we won't arrive at the hotel in Miami until after 1am.

I'm thinking downtown or south beach areas......

I'd like to pay $60-80 per room. Think that's possible? If not, I'll go higher. We just don't want to spend $140 on a room that we'll be in for less than 10 hrs.

I will start another topic for 1 post cruise night for Sun 3/5/06. I'd prefer for that hotel to be nicer than this one if I had to pick since we'll be there all day.

Thanks!

Rates are very high for your date above, and i'm doubtful you'll currently have success within your budget, but if you want to try nonetheless, this is what i would do.

You have two re-bid zones at the 3* level Miami...

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

I bid as you recommended and was rejected each time....

Bid Downtown 3* $60, rejected

added 1st rebid zone, bid $70 rejected

Closed Brower

Bid Downtown & 2nd rebid zone, $75 rejected

Added 1st rebid zone, $80 rejected

I closed my browser and went back in and when I put Miami and the dates in on the first page, it brought me to a listing of rooms and prices (like Hotels.com or a website like it).

Downtown 2 1/2* $75 rejected

Added only rebid zone, bid $84, rejected.....

What now?

We just need a place to sleep and make it to the ship the next day. Maybe other zones would be ok? Maybe Airport or Miami Beach? Maybe I should go down to 2* if I don't need anything but a clean bed.

Just let me know what I should do!

Thanks so much!

There are 8 of us. We are going schedule our transportation from one of the limo services (not a limo, but a van).

About $18pp for a large bus to fit us and our luggage from FLL to Miami.

I think our choices are limited since we are getting in so late.

I first thought we would stay in Fort Lauderdale, but it seems availablity is even more limited there. (I read somewhere that there is a spring training baseball game in fll that weekend.)

• 3 weeks later...

Just bid and was rejected.

Bid 4* Downtown Miami, $90 - rejected - but PL countered with 'add $22 right now....'

I opened another window and bid 4*, Downtown Miami, but bid $11 more ($101), rejected

Added rebid zone, bid $106, rejected.

Went to original window and bid the add'l $22 ($112), PL rejected it. - even after they offered the ....bid $22..

Opened new window, bid 3* downtown Miami $100, rejected,

Added rebid zone, bid $110, rejected

Added rebid zone, bid $116, rejected

Added South Beach, bid $120 rejected

So now I either go down to 2.5* or wait 72 hrs and try again.

Thoughts?

Winning Bid!!

Courtyard by Marriott Downtown $117 - 4 rooms 2/25/06 1 night

After the rejections noted in previous post, I went back and bid 2.5* Downtown Miami $95 - 4 rooms.

PL came back with the ...add $22... so I did, bid $117 and won.

I was afraid to wait or try rebidding in another window because of what happened earlier with PL rejecting the additional $22 bid on 4*.

Your Offer Price: $117.00

Number of Rooms: 4

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $468.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$76.04

Total Charges: $544.04

($136.01 per room including taxes and fees)

Miami hotel tax is $13% which (if I figured it correctly) leaves $3.80 for PL fees on this bid.

Very happy with the hotel. The Marriott website has this night at $239 -$269, so $117 is a pretty good price I think.

I'm just especially happy that this pre-cruise hotel ordeal is finally over. 2/25/06 has had and still has very high rates and lots of sold out hotels. And we are not getting to the hotel until after 1am....

Thanks for all the support and help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]