Priceline Hotel: 3,5-4* 12/14-12/18 Midtown East/West / Timesquare or any other suggestion?

fliop
By fliop,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a place to stay mid december in New York (12/14-12/18).

Express offer shows about 180$ - could you please tell me at what price I could start? I tried 120$.. Should I try later on at the same price?

Or can you recommend any other area with a price range of 120$ (havent been in NY yet)..

Thanks for your help!!!

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Orange County thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip (even if you didn't use PRICELINE / hotwire, booked direct, canceled the trip, etc). Closing your threads helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with/reply to your thread.

What star rating and zone(s) did you try with your $120 bid?

Would a very small room work for your needs? PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 4 Star Central Park South hotel for $120/nite. I suspect that this is likely the Hudson Hotel, which would be very well and centrally located, but it has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)

There is also this 4 star Upper West Side property (Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center) fro $112/nite. While much of this zone goes a little too far south for me to consider it to be ideal, i'm guessing this property is the Empire Hotel which is in the southern part of the zone and has good subway access given that it is right near Lincoln Center.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on the above (and how it goes if you take either) or how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly (and please remember to follow-up your previous thread linked above)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your quick reply! I rescheduled my trip and went straight to my own flat in 2010. I just tried how I can close it (couldnt find the right button yet, but I will try again :))

By now I tried 4* for Midtown East/West and Timesquare!

As it is for a few more nights I would like to find a hotel with not too small rooms. I looked up the Empire Hotel before, the rating sounds a bit strange!

There is a 3,5* Hotel in the Empire State Building Area Condo for 164 Express... which one do you think it is... Courtyard or Radisson - or none of those? It only shows "Guest favorite" "Condo" "Wifi"!

Should I wait with the bidding?

I rescheduled my trip and went straight to my own flat in 2010. I just tried how I can close it (couldnt find the right button yet, but I will try again)

You can close the thread simply by replying that you ultimately did for that trip... we'll take care of the rest.

As far as your NYC trip...

You're right on the bubble of the tail end of high season and when rates drop just before the holidays (as business travel comes to a standstill and fewer tourists are traveling due to preparing for the holidays), so it's difficult to stay if rates will head much lower OR move higher from here, but rates are lower than i expected before i started to research your trip, and the rates are above are very attractive, imo.

What did you find 'strange' about the Empire Hotel... it's a historic property with a trendy and boutique feel, so it may not be everyone's style, but it's worth of the 4* rating, imo.

I don't know the ID of the 3.5* ESB PRICELINE EXPRESS property, but i don't think it's the Courtyard nor the Radisson, as neither of those are likely considered to be Condo properties... and at $135/nite are you willing to increase your budget over your previously stated $120/nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]