Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) W New York

Shooter
By Shooter,
in

Hello 

I am looking for a good value in a 4 star or better hotel in Manhattan - Times Square, Midtown Central, or Midtown East for 11/8 - 11/10. I'm a little concerned in that some of these properties have very small rooms and/or bed sizes. I would also consider buying through a PRICELINE EXPRESS (I never seem to have any luck on Price.line bidding). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shooter

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Seattle Pike Place thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we'll have a look at your post above.

For your NYC, 'a good value' is relative (especially in an expensive city like New York)... what is your expected/maximum budget per nite for this stay? (before fees/taxes)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rooms are going to be smaller-than-average in NYC at most properties, even at the 3.5*/4* levels. One area to avoid would be the 4* level in CPS, due to the Hudson, which has rooms around 130-150 sq ft. However, other properties at the 4* level in other Midtown zones have rooms that aren't much bigger.

I do see what appears to be the W New York (Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly) on HOTWIRE for $183 in MTE. Would that be of any interest? There are a few options on HOTWIRE within your desired budget, including a 4.5* in MTE for a little over your max ($240) You may see slightly different rates.

Is your budget for a 4* $210 "all-in" (including taxes/fees) or $210 + taxes/fees?

Let us know if the W would be of any interest and we would be happy to point it out on HOTWIRE or suggest other options.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hello -

I had in mind for a 4 star to be at $250 a night all in. However, based on what I am seeing for taxes/fees, I think that translates to a base rate might be closer to $190 - $200 a night.

I clicked on your Hotwire link, and I saw what appears to be the W on Lexington for $183. I also saw for $185 another 4 star in MTE. Any idea what that one might be?

Thanks.

Shooter

For help identifying HOTWIRE hotels please provide the star rating, zone, room rate per nite, and the full list of amenities associated with the property.

However, if you're able to stretch your budget a bit, i'm seeing what appears to be the Affinia Dumont in the ESB zone for $228/nite ($577 all-in) which gets great reviews and has an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating. Let us know if this would be of interest and we'll provide further details for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]