Priceline Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Omni San Francisco Hotel

dgstan
By dgstan,
in

So, I'm looking on Hotwire for a hotel in the San Francisco, South of Market zone. This is more of a general question regarding how Hotwire works. The specifics of the hotel and/date are probably not that important.

On the "Secret Rate" tab, it shows a 4 star hotel for $184/nt. I have narrowed it down to one of these four:

W

Westin

Hotel Zetta

Palace Hotel

Now, when I go to the "Standard Rate" tab, I see all four of these hotels for various prices. 

When I click on the Hotel Zetta link, its page has the notice "Same star rating nearby for way less" and shows the $184/nt rate seen on the "Secret" page. When I click on the Westin page, I see the same notice. When I click on the "W" page, I see the same $184/nt nearby banner.

However, when I click on the link for the Palace Hotel, there is no mention of a lower price nearby. Is it safe to assume that the $184/nt rate is for the Palace? Does the fact that there's no banner advertising a lower "Secret" rate mean that the "Secret" hotel is this one?

I would be more than happy to stay at the Palace. Much more so than the others.

Is it safe to assume that the $184/nt rate is for the Palace? Does the fact that there's no banner advertising a lower "Secret" rate mean that the "Secret" hotel is this one?

No, this would not be a safe assumption.

The specifics of the hotel and/date are probably not that important.

If you would like further help with this stay please do include the details of your stay (star rating, zone, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, number of rooms/guests included in your search, etc) and we will try to assist.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com should you decide to book a specific hotel or in a specific location.

Please also 'close' this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

What did you ultimately decide to do for this stay?

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work out for your needs, please check for and use the links in our Support Page, or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, for your 'regular' rate hotel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up getting the Omni for my stay (Nov. 6th-9th) through PRICELINE EXPRESS deals. I paid $282/nt. I know that's not a great deal, but I went ahead anyway. First, I've always wanted to stay at the Omni and never have been able to. Secondly, I needed two double beds and the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal had the "bed choices available" for this one, so I knew I was getting a double/double.

I didn't include my win earlier as this is a Hot.wire forum and I booked through Price.line.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

While you ended up using PRICELINE instead of HOTWIRE, please always close your threads with whatever you decide to do for the stay (even if you cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... perhaps another user traveling to San Francisco during the same period was hoping to get the Omni, knowing about your win would help them make a decision for their own trip. As well, closing your threads is a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your plans.

Even if a thread starts as a PRICELINE threads and then switches to HOTWIRE (or vice-versa), use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the bottom right corner of the board (it's gone now as it can only be used once and we have just used it to reflect your win in the topic title) and the entire thread will be moved automatically to the correct section of the board.

So that others can benefit from your thread, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with the Omni and showed before your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]