FL Orlando Doubletree at Universal Entrance

homeschoolmom
By homeschoolmom,
in

I know many people get this on PL (3* Univ/SW zone, I believe), so I can't believe I'm the first to review it. We paid $75 via Travelzoo special and got a free upgrade to a 14 floor corner room with a view of Universal. Room was quite large with 2 queens, sleeper sofa (prob. a full-size bed), desk/chair, etc. Room had just been renovated with new "Sweet Dreams" bedding, as well as new carpet, drapes, etc. Bathroom had also been done, but they did a sloppy job in there (toilet seat would not stay up, sticker still on toilet, tub and toilet almost touching). A good deal of the food court, outside courtyard near pool, and game room were under construction. Lots of chain and hotel-rest. choices right inside the hotel, incl. Starbucks, Pizza Hut, a sports bar, etc. Lobby was nice and spacious with many little seating areas in case you need to wait for your room. This hotel is directly across the street from the Universal Orlando parking garages, so you could walk to the parks from here if you wanted (saves you $9, unless you have an AP like me!). In the immediate neighborhood (away from I-Drive on Kirkman Road) you'll find a Carrabba's (yum!), McDonald's (Bistro), Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell, Walgreens pharmacy, and many other rest./stores. If you want a grocery store, turn right onto Kirkman as you're leaving the hotel, and travel approx. 1 mile (about 2-3 traffic lights), you'll find a Publix in a strip mall on your left. There's lots more restaurants in that area as well.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot the staff. They were all very nice; we got our 4 warm cookies right away! And they didn't charge me anything to park!! (They didn't ask, and I didn't mention it.) This room may not be as good quality-wise as Royal Pacific and, more particularly, Portofino Bay-- Universal on-sites, but I'll tell you, it beats the pants off that worn-out dog of a room they gave us at the Hard Rock. And I sure as heck can appreciate saving $100+ each night as well. This hotel was a good value at my rate and an excellent value at its typical PL rates of $55-65.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]