Priceline Hotel: Boston Bidding

mini__me
By mini__me,
in

Hi there,

After a bit of advice and help with bidding in Boston :)

I have travelled here previously on my own and I think I stayed in the Westin in the Back Bay  area, which I think has now changed hands or closed. This time round I'm looking to take my relatively elderly parents for 2 nights to see Boston in the fall (I know it's the end of fall, but I'm stuck with the dates above).

I want to stay somewhere close to the tourist attractions without a long walk for them to get there, so I'm guessing Beacon Hill and Boston Common are the ones that I need really. I'll need two rooms in a minimum 3.5* prefer 4*+ and idealy less than the ~$350 a night per room that I can pick up a 5* hotel on Hotwire ;)

Cheers

Steve

To confirm... you think that Back Bay would be too far for your parents and don't want to include it in a bidding strategy? (it's generally considered to be centrally located, i guess depending upon upon what sites you intend on seeing)

Also, PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the Beacon Hill zone for $253/nite, so i guess this is actually the number to beat?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In all honesty I don't recall how long the walk was from Back Bay, but I don't recall it being especially short. My Father has a lung condition that means he gets out of breath very easily so I'm looking to keep the walking to a minimum where possible but still allow them to potter around knowing they are not far from the hotel if rest is required.

For some reason I didn't think about the Priceline express side, as I naturally head straight for the Name your own price button. However that certainly looks like a good deal for the dates!!

You might look at some of those trolley tours.  The step-on step off variety.  There are several different companies with slightly different routes.  If you found one that passed most of the points in which your parents were interested, that might help minimize the "pottering".  

Romelle

OK, so to start with only Beacon Hill and Boston Common at the 4* level you can try as follows:

When bidding 4* in Boston you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beacon Hill...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Boston Common...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Beacon Hill and Boston Common...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $233, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $238, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $243, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $248, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250

If the above is rejected you can then take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer at $253/nite (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]