Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown Central) Ameritania Hotel

emmajane11
By emmajane11,
in

So is that $200/night for a total of $400 for both nights? :) Just checking

Others can offer more insight on the bidding process than I, as I have never had much luck with it. I normally just use the Priceline.Express deals.  

Right now on PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals, there is a 4* in Times Square (close to Central Park and Subways, but in a total tourist area) for $169/night ($424 with taxes for 2 nights)

Amenities include: Restaurant, Fitness, Business Center, 7+ Rating on Priceline

Judging from the hotel lists on this site for NYC/Times Square, Star Level, this is more than likely the Millennium Broadway Hotel.

Looks like some decent pricing for Upper West Side on 3 and 4*, but depending on hotel could be a decent walk to a subway line.

Really, anything in Central Park, Times Square, Upper West/Upper East, Midtown West, Midtown East is pretty close to Central Park and all are usually close to subway lines.

Hi thats $400 for both nights including taxes.. so I know a lot of $175-$200 go over with the taxes and resort fees.  $424 isn't too bad unless there is more resort fees that the hotel charge. 

Any insight into how good or bad a 3* would be?   The only places we ever stayed was a Hampton Inn Madison Square garden inn and suites ( or something like that) and I wasn't impressed at all, service was terrible.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please confirm which Price.line zones would be acceptable. Additionally, there is no way to guarantee being right near a subway station - when bidding, you have to be willing to stay anywhere within the shaded zone.

You can see the list of hotels reported to the board here: Priceline Hotel List New York. That list provides the hotels that have been reported to the board - there may be others not yet reported to the board.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'll jump in before your next reply since your dates are very near and you'll need to be making a decision very soon...

If your budget is a little flexible, HOTWIRE has a 3.5* hotel in the MTC zone with only an Internet Access amenity showing. While it's difficult to have too much confidence in a hotel guess with only one amenity listed, my guess for this one would be the Ameritania Hotel. HOWEVER, this property also shows a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, so even if it should turn out not to be the Ameritania, it should provide a pleasant experience and the service levels up to par (based upon the reviews of previous guests). This hotel is priced at $172/nite ($433 all-in). Assuming this is the Ameritania, the location would be great based upon your comments as it's 5 blocks to Central Park and you have multiple subway lines and stations within a 3 block radius.

If you look at 3 star hotels it could go either way... you may land a smaller/independent boutique-style property with excellent service, or you could land something bid an impersonal that is not up to your standards. If you win a name brand chain you can usually at least do 'ok', but given your previous comments/experience at the Hampton Inn (which typically gets pretty good reviews) you may want to stick with something higher rated.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts OR how it goes if you take the HOTWIRE offer (with the 4.5 TA rating) presented above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for all the help. i will of course use the links here.

For priceline areas

central park south
midtown east
midtown west

upper westside

possibly chelsea

im not sure if the hells ktichen area is good or not.. and id rather not be in times square but thats not out of the question either.

i will stay at 4 unless there is a 3.5 but i dont think you can search for that.

For priceline areas

central park south

midtown east

midtown west

upper westside

Note that:

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... would this be an acceptable outcome?

MTE - most hotels are well located but a few can be up to a 10-15 minute walk t the subway... would this be acceptable?

possibly chelsea...

im not sure if the hells ktichen area is good or not.. and id rather not be in times square but thats not out of the question either.

Hell's Kitchen is fine in terms of safety (the name comes from about 20 years ago when it wasn't such a nice place... but now it's fine, lots of shops, restaurants, etc) but the issue here is that some hotels are not that well located, such as the Ink 48; a great hotel and extremely well reviewed, but not that convenient to the nearest subway station).

We need to know exactly which zones we should/shouldn't include in a bidding strategy... is Cheslea, Times Square, and/or Hell's Kitchen acceptable? When you say 'possibly' and 'not out of the question' it's not clear if these should be included or not.

i will stay at 4 unless there is a 3.5 but i dont think you can search for that.

Not sure what what you mean here about not being able to search for a 3.5* hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are looking forward to your stay at this well reviewed property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]