Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4-5* Sydney hotels - Sydney City Centre area

overhear
By overhear,
in

Hello,

I'm struggling a bit to identify 2 hotwire hotels in Sydney. I'll list the amenities below, but so that I can do more of the legwork myself, can you point me to a FAQ that explains the identification process? One used to be able to filter hotels by amenity on TripAdvisor, but I don't see that filter any more. 

These are the 2 hotels I'm currently considering.

Thanks in advance!

5* hotel -  $217 - Sydney City Centre area
Smoke Free Rooms
Fitness Center
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Internet access
Accessibility
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Roll-in shower
TripAdvisor 4.0 
Hotwire reviews: 4.0 / 85% rec

4.5* hotel -  $184 - Sydney City Centre area

Indoor pool(s)
Smoke Free Rooms
Fitness Center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Internet access
Tennis Nearby
Spa Services
TripAdvisor rating : 4.0

You can try matching the amenities as to what has previously been reported to the board in the Hotwire Hotel List.

For the 2nd Sydney property I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, that's impressive! This website just gets better and better. Congratulations! Should I be matching those amenities with what's shown under the Hotwire "Standard Rate Hotel" tab?

I'm now seeing:

Circular Quay - The Rocks
5* - $225
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services

However, when I click Continue (or the red box) on any listing, I get this error: "We're sorry, but a system error just occurred. Error #1310"

You want to try to match the amenities with what has previously been reported to the board, which you can see in the Hotwire Hotel List

For the 5* Circular Quay property my guess would be the Amora Hotel Jamison... does this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah, I see! Would you be able to assist with identifying this one? There isn't a match in the Hotwire hotel list. I'd be interested in what other clues I should be looking for. Thank you!

4.5* ($194) Circular Quay - The Rocks
FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access
TA: 4.0
Hotwire: 4.0; 100%

I should provide some context: I've tentatively booked at Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street for AU$200 ($182 US) per night, so in this case I'm looking to see if I can do much better in terms of price or class via Hotwire. I would normally use Priceline, but I'll be traveling with my teenager who is completely repelled by the charming "antique"-style hotels. Go figure ...

With so few, and such common, amenities it's difficult to say with any high degree of certainty, but the York Belhotel International and the Mantra 2 Bond Street would be at least two options among the likely candidates.

You can also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will show you hotels near almost any location in the world and makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Thereuare, thanks so much for your generous help. Could I trouble you to help identifying one more?:

4.5* ($187) City Centre 
FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower
TA: 4.0

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]