Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf

10centsadance
By 10centsadance,
in

I have a reservation at a 3.5* Wharf hotel.  When I made the reservation six weeks ago, I never dreamed I might have to keep it.  I really don't know why the hotels rates are so high during my stay.  I bid $235 for a 4* Wharf hotel.  I then increased my bid to $245 and added Financial/Embarcadero because I would be willing to stay in that district as well.  I then added a Civic Center South as a free bid and upped my bid to $255--all with no luck.  I knew my bid was low, but I would hate to bid a lot higher and then get a room with one small bed.  What do you think is a realistic bid for my stay.  I used the link.  Thanks.

I would be fine with Union Square, but my traveling companion prefers the Wharf or Financial/Embarcadero.

What wins... your traveling companion's desire to be in the Wharf or Financial District OR the possibility of a lower price in the USE and/or USW zones?

Should we include USE and USW in a bidding strategy?

I do see on PRICELINE EXPRESS 4* Financial District property for $290/nite and a 4* USE property for $293/nite (and this latter one offers a 'Bed Choice' so you can be assured of a King Bed and not have to worry about one small bed... my guess is that this is the Stanford Court San Francisco)... both of these would be higher star rated and less expensive then your current back-up reservation.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can adjust the numbers accordingly, but you can bid better than you are currently, i would follow a strategy such as this (although given your last round of bidding, i would increase the $275/nite budget if possible (and have increased the following strategy to $300/nite), but you can adjust the numbers accordingly OR let us know if you have a new maximum bid and we can revise for you):

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $270, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $280, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $283, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $270, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $280, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $283, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf and Financial...

Bid $285, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $288, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $290, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $293, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $295, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $298, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $300

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had been bidding on Price.line going all the way to $275 on a 4* FW with no luck.  I was about to bid again when I looked on Hot.wire and found this deal.  I haven't read the reviews of this hotel yet, but pricewise it sure beats the $335 (3.5*) per night I had reserved.

Total for three nights is $684 + $147.74 taxes and fee = $831.74

The amenities are:

Free Internet

Restaurant

Internet Access

Fitness Center

Business Center

Pool(s)

Self Service Laundry

I used the HOTWIRE link.  Thanks for a great website.

Congratulations on your success! (and thanks for the compliments on the site :) )

Glad to see this property appeared just at the right time and you're pleased with the outcome.

I believe there were likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]