Priceline Hotel: Tampa Hotel Assistance

GOHawks
By GOHawks,
in

I will be in Tampa for 4 nights, starting on December 30th. I'd like to stay at the Grand Hyatt (or another very nice hotel in Tampa/Clearwater area) and I've seen some great priceline bids.

I'm also considering 2 seperate reservations for my time in Tampa (2 hotels are fine too)

Reservation One: December 30th through January 1st

Reservation Two: January 1st though January 3rd.

Any help or suggestions are very much apperciated. Thanks!

Do you want to split your bid or do you think that it will better your chances?

I'll re-iterate that you can't bid for a specific hotel so you'd need to be comfortable with any 4* hotel that you may receive in this zone. With that said, the Grand Hyatt is sold-out for the nite of 12/31, but does show availability when searching for multiple dates which include this nite... so splitting your bid may not necessarily be the best plan.

What is your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow based upon the above dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help! You may remember me from last year at this time! It's college bowl season again the Hawkeyes are headed to Tampa for the Outback Bowl. Last year was Orlando and the Peabody :) and the Double-Difference Hotwire gurantee! I will also use your link to place my bid, if you could include that in the reply.

Ok, first regarding splitting my bid, I'm fine with that, actually would prefer that. I'm very comfortable with all 4-Star Hotels in the Tampa area.

Right now, my maximum bid would probably be $125/night.

At the 4* level yoiu have 5 re-bids available, if you're not sure which they are or just want to confirm, please feel free to ask.

I would bid as follows for 12/30-1/1

Select 4* Tampa...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone3....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone4....

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Tampa and re-bid zone5...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2....

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone3....

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone4....

Bid $125

I'm not so confident about your success with the above, and i would not bid for the balance of your stay without first confirming a reservation for the above two nites.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all your help so far. I've been bidding away. I've been trying (Dec 30th through Jan 3rd)

So far, I'm up to $115 and no luck. I've got 2 re-bids left. Any suggestions on what to bid?

Right now I'm considering 3.5 star hotels, maybe I'll have better luck.

Which other sites would you recommend that look at for booking hotels? Thanks.

I decided to go for the whole stay right away. (Dec 30th through Jan 3rd). Any succesful bids during the time-frame I'm looking at for any 3.5 star or 3 star properties? I do have a back-up reservation booked that I will be able to cancel.

My back-up right now is the Sheraton Riverwalk (Downtown Tampa)- 3-star. Price is $179/night (Dec 30 - Jan 1)

My comments after the strategy above included that i don't think you'd be successful for a 4* hotel within your previously stated limit.

Priceline has no 3.5* rating within their system, so the next step down with Priceline would be at the 3* level, but i'm still not sure of your overall gameplan, as you're bidding for 4 nites but your back-up (at a 3* property) is only for 2 of those nites.

I'm just curious as the Hotel in Downtown Tampa for $190 (December 30th through January 1st)

3.5 Stars

Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Pool(s), High-speed Internet Access.

I'm pretty sure this is NOT the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk hotel, because I know that hotel does not have hot-tub. I'm guessing it is either Wyndham Harbour Island Hotel or Hyatt Regency - Downtown Tampa.

Customer Review: ""We loved the hot tub and pool. It was easy to get around on the trolley. Getting to the port for our cruise was easy too. I would recommend this hotel."

Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]