Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Intercontinental The Barclay

zocalo
By zocalo,
in

Hello,

I am visiting NYC next Monday Sept 8, departing Wednesday Sept 10.  I've looked around, and hotel rates for those days seem to be very high.

I'm not particular about the neighbourhood, as I know NYC well and can get around easily on the subway.

I've found a priceline express deal for $220 a night for a 4 star in Midtown East.  It lists amenities as: Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Fitness Center and Business Center.

These amenities seem to fit the W Hotel and the Intercontinental Barclay.

Can you confirm these guesses?

Also, am I likely to find a better deal by naming my own price?  If so, could you suggest a bidding strategy?

Many thanks

These amenities are somewhat common, but given the amenities and the 8+ guest rating showing, my guess would be the Intercontinental Barclay.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks AaronJB,

I will definitely use the links to begin my purchase.

Do you think that I can do better than $220 by naming my own price?  

Thanks AaronJB,

I will definitely use the links to begin my purchase.

Do you think that I can do better than $220 by naming my own price?  

Price.line bidding is generally cheaper but you have to be willing to accept ANY 4*  in the zone (in this case, MTE) you select. PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hot.wire are generally slightly-to-moderately more expensive, but there's the benefit of often being able to make an educated guess as to which hotel is showing.

Are you okay with any of the potential 4*'s in the zone?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

PRICELINE bidding is generally cheaper but you have to be willing to accept ANY 4*  in the zone (in this case, MTE) you select. PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE are generally slightly-to-moderately more expensive, but there's the benefit of often being able to make an educated guess as to which hotel is showing.

Are you okay with any of the potential 4*'s in the zone?

Yes.  I am okay with any four star, and I am willing to stay in many different zones.  

How much do you think that I could save by bidding?  If it's significant, I'm willing to take a risk on an unknown hotel.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the result and looking forward to your trip. The 'real' savings is vs. booking hotel directly, not necessarily when compared against PRICELINE EXPRESS, since 'bidding' and 'express deals' are both opaque.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]