Priceline Hotel: October Theater District 3* or 4*

btownjaps
By btownjaps,
in

We are looking for a 3* or higher for 2 night October 20th and 21st and have never bid in New York before.  I am used to smaller locations and need some advice as far as what we might get at 3* for around $200 a night and if we should go up to a 4*? Are there other zones we should bid close by that could get us a better hotel and if so which ones?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The Times Square area is generally the most expensive/busy/hectic, but I do think you could likely get a 3 or 3.5* in the neighborhood of $200, as Hot.wire has a 3.5* for $218 (you may see a slightly different price) w/Resort, Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. This would be a possible match for the Belvedere. I'm also seeing a 3* that may be the Edison for $195. At the 4* level, you're likely pushing more towards $225-230 in terms of bidding. I'm seeing a 4* in the zone w/Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $245 that would be a possible match for the Millennium Knickerbocker or Crowne Plaza.

A 3* could be had under $200, while a 3.5* is likely going to take closer to $200. Would you rather look for the lowest 3* or would you rather go for a 3.5* (or push moderately above your budget for a 4*?)

Usually, the Times Square area is the most expensive and Midtown East/Empire State Building area are cheaper alternatives, however, that doesn't seem to be the case for these dates. 

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]