Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop - Theater District) Hotel Allegro

Scooter55
By Scooter55,
in

Well I have been with you guys since I dropped one of my sons off at college in Chicago. I had never been to Chicago and you were so helpful on so many levels. Another son then decided to work in this city I have come to love and I have visited more times than I can count. And now guess what??  My eldest is getting married on the 99 floor Willis Tower!!   The kids are suggesting rooms at the JW Marriott. Some family will be staying at The W. I would rather save some money and give it to them. Do you see a 4* for those dates near either of those hotels or do you see either of them. I see a few around 150 and 180 but I'm having trouble Identifying them. What area is the JW Marriott?  Thanks for any help?   Joette

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! :)

Various options on Hot.wire:

Cheapest and (most likely) close to the JW Marriott:

4* Loop $112 (the prices you see may vary slightly) Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. This is either the Monaco or Allegro, but I'd lean heavily towards it being the Allegro. If it's the Allegro, very nice property and short distance from JW Marriott. If it's the Monaco, amazing deal for that property and a brief taxi ride from JW Marriott. Either way, very reasonable option.

Other side of the city, but great area:

4* Mag Mile N-Water Tower: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. $151. Likely the Public. This is in the middle of the Gold Coast area, which has a great deal of restaurants and nightlife. It's a decent taxi ride from here to the JW Marriott, but certainly not bad at all. This would be an instance of they are going to the wedding one night, but want to be closer to shopping and restaurants for the remainder of the period. This was one of Chicago's most famous historic hotels, the Ambassador East, and was given a significant renovation a couple of years ago. Some of the core issues of the building still exist (walls on the thin side), but otherwise this property looks quite different. Given that this property (which is the first in a planned chain) is more about being a "boutique for everyone", it is welcoming and is in some ways cheaper (free wifi, cheaper room service.)

Central, but towards top end of price range:

4.5* RIver North-NMA $189. 

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Pet Friendly. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. My guess is that either this is a new amenity set for the James or Conrad OR that the Westin River North has been upgraded from 4 to 4.5*. A nice result if any of those three.

These are just a few of the options. Let us know if any of these are appealing, or if there is another listing not mentioned above that you are interested in. Let us know if you have any questions before booking and definitely let us know if you have any Chicago questions.

Additionally, we would be more than happy to help anyone who is going to the wedding - please let them know about Betterbidding and we would be happy to suggest options available.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you receive the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... and congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Very happy to help. :)

What I would also suggest near the Allegro is the Chicago French Market, which is effectively "hidden" under Ogilvie Transit Center. (details: http://www.frenchmarketchicago.com/) This is a very cool market area with a lot of terrific food vendors, including Wisma (one of my favorites) and The Little Goat (which is from former "Top Chef" winner Stephanie Izzard.) This is a great place to browse for a bite to eat and a VERY easy walk from the Allegro.

If you have friends who are staying at the W nearby, let them know about this deal for the hotel restaurant (half off brunch for 2 or 4): link.

Anyone who is staying for the wedding who would like to try for discounted rates, please send them over or let us know what they are looking for and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]