Priceline Hotel: 5* nyc

laxinon
By laxinon,
in

Hi there, 

i'm trying to bid priceline for NYC 9/10 - 9/16

preferred locations are midtown west and Theatre District.

tried to bid for 4.5*/5*.

started for 150$ and went up till 185$ but was declined..

any suggestions? what do you think should be my bid for this parameters?

maybe i'm trying to high with 4.5*... what should be my offer for 4* in this locations?

Thanks, 

Inon

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is the start of high-season in NYC and a 4.5* hotel in one of these zones will likely run you near $350/nite.... a 4* in one of these zones close to $210-$230.

Are these the only two acceptable zones? (if so, why these two?) The zones in NYC are generally geographically small and you can usually make other midtown zones work just as well for your needs. What are your plans/events/sights to see/do this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Below are zones which are generally considered to be well located and are bid most frequently (and comments next to some where you should be aware of certain aspects of the zone):

MTE - most hotels are well located, but a few can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway... and one up to a 15 minute walk

MTW

TS

Chelsea - can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway but it's a "hot" area right now with lots of boutiques, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, etc, etc. so still considered a very desirable location

MSG

ESB

I usually suggest avoiding:

CPS - at the 4* level and below the Hudson becomes a possibility and while well located, this property has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)

Any questions on the zones above feel free to ask. If you let us know which one(s) are acceptable to you, and confirm your maximum bid (and desired star rating), we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i got a standard sized room at the hudson for $150/night only 2 days in advance. i would recommend it if you are on a budget. everything else i saw was $240+ on priceline express- even the 3 and 3 1/2 star hotels. hudson is 4 stars. 

the rooms are small, but manageable for a busy itinerary. if youre the kind of person who wants to luxuriate+relax in the hotel, without a to-do/to-see list, the hudson won't suit you. but for ppl who want to explore the city, it isnt a bad deal. i asked for a room higher up, facing away from the terrace (which is very pretty, but puts on music for the young crowd until very late into the night). 

the room itself reminds me slightly of a college dorm with trendy interior decorating. the hallways are definitely college-like. ive never seen walls with stucco-like texture in a hotel...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]