Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Kinzie Hotel

KLB
By KLB,
in

Could someone help me identify this hotel please?

8/31/14 - 9/2/14

Chicago - Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area - 4*

$121 per night

95% Hotwire recommended

4.0/5.0 Trip Advisor recommended

Here are the full amenities from Hotwire Bidding.Helper

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thanks in advance.

I mistyped my original request. It should have been 8/30 - 9/2. (NOT 8/31). The prices are much higher for that Saturday night than Sunday and Monday night, which makes sense. When you do 8/30-9/2, it looks like it's still the Hyatt, but the price goes up $121 a night. I wonder if it makes sense to do one night in another place and then switch to the Hyatt on Sunday and Monday night?

When I search for 8/30-9/2, I'm seeing the above listing for $122, which would likely be the Hyatt. I'm also seeing the same amenities for $82 for 8/31-9/2.

When I search for 8/30-8/31 alone, I'm seeing what appears to be the Crowne Plaza Metro for $188 (which I wouldn't recommend due to location), the Public for $213, what MAY be the Marriott Mag Mile for $215 and the Sofitel for $217.

If you chose to book the Hyatt for the cheaper last nights and either the Public, the potential Marriott Mag Mile or Sofitel for the first night, the per night average would be very similar to just booking the Hyatt for all four nights for $121 and not having to move.

One alternate suggestion that would be more expensive is a 4* Mag Mile-RN area listing for 8/30-9/2 for $145 w/:Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. This would likely be the Kinzie - great location, plus free breakfast is a bonus.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and if you have any questions before booking.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm seeing the same thing, and starting to think it makes sense to just go with the Hyatt for all 3 nights at $121/$122. I did briefly see a couple of results this morning for the one night (8/30-8/31) in the $150 range, but they don't show up anymore and the cheapest showing is the $188 Crowne Plaza Metro, which does appear to be out of the way especially since we'd be taking the train to the Sox game that night. I might sit on it a day and check again to make sure.

The Sofitel and other options for the first night are all fine hotels, but if switching dates isn't bringing down the average really, it's not (unless you like the idea of trying different hotels, which can be fun) worth the hassle of trying to check out of one hotel and move to another.

I do think the Kinzie's a compelling option with free breakfast - if you're a party of two and the Kinzie's $20 more than the Hyatt, works out to effectively be $10 more per person for breakfast (and they also have an evening reception.) Plus, the Kinzie's more convenient to transit.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have any questions. I'd be happy to look again if new options appear, as well (although keep in mind prices can go up and/or the listings of interest may go away.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you so much for all the help. I decided to go with your suggestion and went with the 4* - Magnificent Mile Area - River North w/:Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, etc., which turned out to be the Kinzie Hotel, as expected.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]