Hotwire Hotel: 4* Paris (Eiffel Tower - Invalides) Le Tourville Eiffel Hotel

Beecatdog
By Beecatdog,
in

Hi we will be arriving in Paris on the 23rd in around 11AM.  We will be staying for 2 nights until the 25th.

Since we have limited time in Paris we will be checking out Eifel tower, the louvre and other popular destinations.

I am not sure how the public transportation is, or which areas to pick to be around those areas.  Can anyone suggest any good zones for priceline so I can start the bidding?

Our budget for this hotel is between 150-200 per night but is very flexible depending on location.  

Thanks!

Rates for your dates are a little on the high side but you should be able to get a 4* hotel at or near the upper end of your targeted $200 bid price.

Mass transit in Paris is very good, but most of the sights are fairly spread out. If you are trying to stay centrally located i would look at the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Opera Quarter East, Opera Quarter West, and/or the St. Germain zone as i think any of these will have you fairly well located and good access to the metro. Some do think the Eiffel Tower zone is a little out of the way but i liked the area and given only two days you'll likely want to see it at least twice (once during the day and once at nite)... i stayed in the St. Germain zone and didn't love it, but many do like the area, and it should serve your needs.

Take a look at the sights you know you'll be visiting and the zones mentioned above, confirm which ones you're willing to accept, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Public transportation in Paris is wonderful, in my opinion.  Buy a "carnet" or strip of 10 tickets for the metro.  Depending upon your plans, that might do the job or you may want to buy a few more.

There are zones bearing the names of the attractions you mention:

(7) Eiffel Tower

(14) Opera Quarter East - Louvre Museum

You train off with "and other popular destinations, but this list usually includes the zone:

(5) Champs Elysees - Arc de Triomphe

Always popular are:

(10) Latin Quarter

(19) St. Germain

And because it is in the middle of the above zones, and nice in itself:

(15) Opera Quarter West

When you are on Priceline, most of the above zones also have some specific information if you click on "detail map".

With only two days, I doubt you will want to go further afield than the above list.  You might consider one of those Hop-On-Hop-Off tours for part of your time.  Much easier than mapping and getting lost.

If you post back with the list of zones you'd like to bid, and the desired star level, I'm sure you will get some help with a bidding plan.

Romelle

PS - Don't trust those zone numbers above.  They change from time to time.  I only put them in to help you for the short term in checking out the Priceline map.  Stick with the names when communicating here.

Thanks!

Our budget can be increased to 180-220 if needed.

The zones we are looking at is:

7th Arondissment - Eiffel Tower

5th Arondissment - Latin Quarter

Opera Quarter East - Louvre Museum

Opera Quarter West - Jardin des Tuileries

6th Arondissment - St Germain

Champs Elysees

Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of this page and fill out the form to reflect your purchase... the entire thread will automatically be moved (if necessary) to the correct section of the board.

What are the amenities associated with the 4* HOTWIRE property? This is what i'm seeing in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Hi-Speed Internet

... if this is what you're seeking, my guess for this one would be the Hotel Le Tourville.

Let us know if you'd like to take this offer OR if you want to try bidding on PRICELINE for the zones you've indicated above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I am going to try bidding on PRICELINE.

Please confirm the zones you're willing to accept, by PRICELINE name, as well as your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

For HOTWIRE I am seeing only:

Amenities

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

To ensure you're seeing the complete set of amenities you'll need to use the following method(s):

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]