Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atlanta (Perimeter) Marriott Perimeter Center

genx
By genx,
in

Head out to Atlanta for labor day weekend. Aug 29th to Sept 2nd. Price seem pretty high and did some research on betterbidding and it looks like a comic event took place last year labor weekend however this year does not look like its on.

I am interested in staying Buckhead area with Midtown and Permeter as my back up choices. Ideally like to spend less then 100 a night it possible for highest star. 3* under $60  or 4* under 90 would be nice. Would it be recommended to start bidding now or wait and see how prices are over the next few weeks?

Also, traveling with an infant and planned to rent a car rental am I better off booking with rental company directly or still bidding on priceline since I will need a car seat.

G

Welcome back. :)

I am interested in staying Buckhead area with Midtown and Permeter as my back up choices.

Did you only want to bid Buckhead at the moment, then if rejected try Midtown and/or Perimter... OR is budget the first concern and the least expensive property in any of these zones the primary objective?

Ideally like to spend less then 100 a night it possible for highest star. 3* under $60  or 4* under 90 would be nice.

At the moment your budget seems too low for Buckhead but a 'good shot' at one of the other two zones.

Also, traveling with an infant and planned to rent a car rental am I better off booking with rental company directly or still bidding on priceline since I will need a car seat.

If you own a car seat i would bring it with you to 1) avoid the additional cost, and 2) you can use it on the plane (assuming it's an approved child seat). If not, i don't know how much the cost of a child seat rental will differ from one company to the next, i wouldn't expect it to be that much of a difference, but with car rental companies you really never know. I would suggest starting with our Car Rental Rate Checker tool to see the prevailing rate (you may even be able to see car seat rental costs with each company if there is an option to include it in your reservation)... then you compare your best deal and know what price you would need to beat in order to make bidding on PRICELINE (or purchasing thru HOTWIRE) worthwhile.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am good with Buckhead or Midtown however the cheapest room I am found doing PRICELINE EXPRESS bidding is $177 for 3star in mid town and $131 for 3 star in buckhead.  I would have preferred around $60 for these areas.

As for Car, I did find through costco around 13 dollars a day plus $40 for the car seat total was around 160. Price.line / Hot.wire did not see like you could add the car seat to the reservation

I will use link for my purchases

okay will do peremiter area 3*, what would be your bidding advice, looks like I have 3 safe zones 8 bids.

I assume including Midtown and Buckhead in your 3* bidding is acceptable? (if so we can get you more than just eight bids per bidding session). What is your maximum bid for a 3* in Perimeter?

Also, anypoint waiting to see if new hotels get added at lower prices for midtown or buckhead? 7 weeks out

You would need some very steep declines from current levels to have hotels get close to your budget... the downside in waiting would be if rates don't drop and the current Perimeter zone deals disappear while you wait.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes midtown and buckhead are acceptable, good call that adds a few more bid options.

current 3* in Perimeter is $86 so I would say max bid should be in range of 75-80. I noticed this one did not have breakfast included any idea which hotel this would be and if I won the bid on 3* would it be likely this one that would come up?

The hotel currently offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS is not necessarily the one you will win when bidding on PRICELINE. For help with this property please include the full list of amenities that are associated with it, but if your first course of action is to try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price, let's do that first and then look at the express property if you're bidding fails.

When bidding 3* in the Atlanta region you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Buckhead...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Midtown...

Select 3* Perimeter...

Select 3* Buckhead and Midtown...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Buckhead and Perimeter...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Buckhead, Midtown, Perimeter...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]