Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Miami (Doral - Airport MIA West) Baymont Inn and Suites

thais fernandes
By thais fernandes,
in

Hi there!

My son's girlfriend is going to travel with us to Miami and to the cruise but she will arrive the night before our arrival because the flight ticket price was much better.

I was trying to book a hotel near the airport using Hotwire or Priceline (used the links above) and I've read many useful posts here.

But then I realized she is just 18 years old and both sites demands the primary guest be 21.

I called booking.com by phone and they told be it's not because of the American (or Florida) law but because of the hotel policy. Is that correct? Because in Brazil you are no longer a minor after 18 and you can drink, book a hotel and so on.

In this case, do you have a suggestion about what site I should use to book the room?

Thanks!

Price.line is definitely 21, as there is no way to know what hotel may be won via bidding. Hot.wire does, if you click on a particular listing, show if the primary guest has to be 18 or 21 - scroll down to the bottom and there is a "Know Before You Go" section that lists the required age.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You may have better luck on Hot.wire at lower rated (2-3*) properties, which seem to more commonly show 18 minimum. Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Please use the site's Support Page links to start regular rate purchases and searches, if you do not go through Hot.wire or Price.line.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Finally I booked the room near Miami airport.

Amenities shown:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Airport ShuttlePool(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

At first, there was an information about Hotwire customs recommendation: 75%. I cannot see that information anymore.

Tripadvisor: 3 of 5.

There was another hotel about the same price that got  4 of 5 of Tripadvisor's reviewers but only 55% in Hotwire customs.

I've chose that one because I think that Hotwire customs reviews are more relevant in this case.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]