Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

ajkramermi
By ajkramermi,
in

Help ID - 4.5 Star Chicago Magnificent Mile - River North

$176 (vs. $386 Reg) 85% Recomended

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower  (copied from Bidding Helper)

I can't get the same 4.5* hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for? Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search. I'm getting a 4.5* priced $146.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I tried searching for 2adults/2children and i see the property above offered...

Best guess for this one would be the InterContinental Chicago.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing this for $155 this morning, but I'm also seeing a 4.5* in the Millennium Park-Downtown-GP area for $122 w/

• Indoor pool(s)
  • Smoke Free Rooms
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Internet access
  • Tennis Nearby
This hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'm guessing this may be the Swiss.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I tried searching for 2adults/2children and i see the property above offered...

Best guess for this one would be the InterContinental Chicago.

Any interest in trying for the (guessed) InterContinental?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Mag Mile N Water Tower area (amenities below) for about the same price ($175) that I'd guess is the Omni that I'd rather recommend. 

While there is certainly shopping on Michigan Ave and Oak Street, I do think your daughters might like the Lincoln Park area, which has a lot of 20/30-somethings and the stores are geared more towards a younger crowd. You will see more in the way of boutiques, neat restaurants and prices overall are going to be less than the kind of big chains you see on Michigan Ave.

Not saying don't browse Michigan Ave, but that other parts of the city may have more values and places that might be a little more fun/treasure hunt-ish.

• Indoor pool(s)
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Internet access
Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

New ID Request - 4 Star Chicago Mag Mile River North - $103/night

July 3-6th (2 Adults, 2 kids) - $103/night regularly $196

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Best guess for the Boutique property above would be the Hotel Chicago Downtown Autograph Collection.

Nobody can say if rates will come down further, or move even higher, between now and your stay, but $100-$125/nite for quad occupancy at a 4* hotel seems like a pretty good deal, imo.

As well, if you like the hotel(s) guessed, besides the risk of the hotel moving higher/lower in price, there is also the risk that the hotel you want suddenly disappears entirely and is replaced with a less desirable option.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

This is effectively "last minute" as I'd guess hotels have a good idea of occupancy rates at this point. I'd agree that the potential Chicago listing is a solid deal, as $103 for quad occupancy is pretty darn good. That would be an awesome location, as well. People want to stay on Michigan Ave, but River North really has some great restaurants and is still an easy walk to Michigan Ave.

Help ID:  Magnificent Mile - Water Tower -- 4.5 Stars $148/night (Reg $216)  

July 3-6th 2 adults, 2 kids

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Please keep all posts for this stay within this thread - thanks. This listing hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'm guessing it may be the Swiss.

I'm very familiar with the area - are you looking for something particular in terms of hotel?

We are looking for a 4 star or better in the $125/nt range for the three nights, there are two adults and two teenage daughters (14 & 17). 

We have friends that we will be hanging out with who live around Ohio St & Lake Shore drive, so we really wanted to stay in the River North or Magnificent Mile area (Hotwire Zones) because we intend to walk most places.  We got a great deal on a room in the Wyndham Grand on E. Wacker last year during the 4th of July weekend and we were hoping to stay in the same area this time as the location was great for everything that we want to do next weekend. 

I have a reservation at the Hampton on Illinois & Dearborn (through Hilton website, so I can cancel) but the girls want to stay somewhere fancier, so I was hoping to get something nicer for about the same price.  Any advice would be appreciated.

When searching for 2a/2c for 7/3-6 this afternoon, I'm seeing what appears to be the Kinzie (and breakfast is a definite plus) for $153 (4* Mag Mile-RN)

• Free Breakfast
  • Free Internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Fitness Center
  • Business Center
  • Internet access
  • Spa Services
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Roll-in shower

The Kinzie's in a terrific location in River North - a ton of restaurants nearby and not a far walk from Michigan Ave.

I'm also seeing the Intercontinental for $193 and, as noted above, what MAY be the Swiss. If the Swiss, also right by the Wyndham Grand on Wacker.

The Intercontinental is a fine hotel and close to the Wyndham Grand (effectively on the other side of the river), but I think there's better options for less or much less (such as the above Kinzie.)

It's difficult to get really close to Ohio and LSD, aside from the W Lakeshore, which is right there - but that isn't always showing. The Doubletree and Sheraton are also close by that location and the Intercontinental is an easy walk.

Let me know if you have any questions before booking.

4.5 * Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower  $139/nt

July 3-6th - 2 adults, 2 kids

No Recommended % - "Still gathering reviews" 

FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

This was the whole list from your Bidding.Helper site.

I see this property but offered at $174/nite for your dates when searching for 2adults/2children... are you still seeing this at $139 (or within your $150 budget), and if so are you able to click the offer and get to the booking page?

Congrats on your success. :)

This property used to be the Wyndham - liked it quite a bit when it was the Wyndham and it appears to have been just recently upgraded to the 4.5* level.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in star rating so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Please let me know if you have any Chicago questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]