Hotwire Hotel: Dublin in September

b_willi
By b_willi,
in

Hey guys, you all helped me a lot with my first trip to Vegas not only determining which hotel I was getting(ended up with Aria thru Hot.wire) but general tips about which hotel and areas to focus on.

Heading to Dublin for a couple of days before continuing on to Scotland and thought I would ask for help again if anyone has experience being there or choosing hotels.

Hot.wire has a couple of 4* that interest me: Dates are 9/27-9/29

Guinness-Jameson-Castle Area @ $114/nt  95%

*Free Internet *Smoke Free Rooms *Restaurant(s) *Business Center *Internet access *Accessible path of travel *In-room accessibility *Accessible bathroom *Handicapped parking *Roll-in shower

City Centre-Temple Bar @ $137/nt   85%

Free Internet *Indoor pool(s) *Fitness Center Pool(s) *Restaurant(s) *Business Center *Internet access *Spa Services *Accessible bathroom *Handicapped parking

Price.line just has one PRICELINE EXPRESS deal that matches:

City Centre Area @ $154/nt  8.0   (can't remember how to find out all amenities on Priceline's site like Hotwire? Sorry!)

*Restaurant *Fitness Center *Free Internet *Business Center

Thanks for any help y'all may provide and as always, I'll will click on the appropriate site via your links.

Brady

I don't have a guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

For the HOTWIRE properties, my guess for the Guiness zone hotel would be the Ashling Hotel... for the Temple Bar property there are a few possibilities, but my best guess would be The Morgan.

I've been to Dublin (loved the city, btw) and i would recommend staying anywhere near the Trinity College / Grafton Street / Temple Bar area. These are the most city-like locations and you will have lots to see and do at your fingertips... Grafton Street is the main shopping area (for locals and tourists alike) and there are often street musicians playing in the area... Temple Bar is best described as the 'French Quarter of Dublin'.

If you intend to visit the Guiness factory (a recommended excursion) you can get there via mass transit, but the area surrounding it is not that 'lively' in the sense that i would sooner recommend there area(s) above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]