Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Vancouver (Richmond - Vancouver Airport YVR) Delta Vancouver Airport

nhojeod
By nhojeod,
in

Hello,

Looking to stay 2 nights in Vancouver. Did a few quick priceline bids for 4* star downtown at 65, 68, 70 with no luck.

Thinking of going with hotwire this time. The following deal looks good,

73 CAD (after tax 2 nights is 179.12)

3.5 star

90% Recommended

Amenities:

Pet Friendly

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

Handicapped Parking

I'm thinking it could be delta, maybe hilton. The pet friendly throws me off, don't usually see this, is it new?

Anyway, any advice or recommendations is much appreciated. Thank you!

Quick side question: Is it common to have a small difference in rate between hotwire and Expedia unpublished rate? Are they even the same hotel?

A similar listing (3.5 star, similar area, exact same amenities) totals 174.48 in Expedia. Any advice on difference between hotwire and Expedia?

Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

It would be appreciated if you followed-up your previous Priceline San Francisco thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay, as well as use the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links (and Expedia link) on the board to begin your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about that.

Following is the most recent search in USD.

June 8 to June 10 2013 (2 nights)

3.5* Richmond - Vancouver Intl Airport YVR area hotel

Pet friendly, Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking.

Recommended in 90% of Hotwire customer reviews.

71 USD per night (total 2 nights after fees, 173.97 USD)

Amenities seem to match up with Hilton. Might pull the trigger soon.

Alright. Pulled the trigger at Expedia website at 67 USD /night, total was 165.54 (Used the link found on the support page) and I got the.... Executive Airport Plaza

Reviews seems okay (Rank 15 of 25 tripadvisor, 4.0/5 rating). Will post more after the trip.

Not entirely sure how to post the win since I used Expedia instead of hotwire (sorry! hope that doesn't cause any issues here).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Just a quick review on Executive Airport Plaza. Stayed in the annex building, or west wing I think. Right at the end next to the fire escape.

Overall the room felt old, but spacious, clean and comfortable. There was enough room for a couch, coffee table and a desk+chair.

Parking was included. Building was old, e.g. button for the elevator was labeled "car call", and there is no centralized AC but a wall attached unit in the room. Everything worked fine, refrigerator was noisy so I turn it off during my stay. All in all a good deal if you don't mind the dated feel of the place.

Location was also good. Ceili's and a steakhouse in the same building/area. And there is a newly renovated mall a few blocks away.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if anything is happening over these dates, but based upon the PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE rates i'm not too surprised that your bids were rejected... at current rates i think you're more likely looking at the $130-$150US area.

How high are you willing to bid for a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Amenities listed through details within my trips,

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

Handicapped parking

Earlier within the hotel details,

Tripadvisor 4 out of 5.0

Recommended 90% 243 reviews (Real Hotwire reviews)

Overall satisfaction  4½

Condition of hotel    4½

Quality of service     4½

Room comfort            4

Room cleanliness     4½

Location of hotel        4

(Mods: please delete my other thread in priceline forum, thanks)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]