Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Universal Orlando - I-Drive North) DoubleTree Hotel at the Entrance to Universal Orlando

taliategan
By taliategan,
in

I don't normally target a specific hotel but I did in this case.   I wanted a hotel close to Universal as I also have a room at one of the Universal resorts which I got so that the people in our party of six that ride would have express passes for the Universal Parks.    I only needed this room for two people, but a different hotel was showing when I ran for 2 adults only - it was a dollar cheaper and had resort fee of $ 15 noted on the purchase page.  I suspect this other hotel may have been the Wyndham Orlando Resort even though it is currently listed under Sea World-I Drive Zone.   I'm not sure how precise the Zone maps are, but there is a small drop (depression)  in the map for the Universal zone below Sand Lake Drive which would appear to include the area where the Wyndham Orlando Resort is located.

The amenities for the Doubletree are:

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Self Service Laundry

Internet Access

Accessible for the Blind

Accessible for the Deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-Room Accessibility

Accessible Bathroom

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

At  one time I saw a tennis amenity on the listing, but it was not there at the time I made the purchase.

Used betterbidding HOTWIRE link to make the purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]