Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* DC (Dupont Circle - Embassy Row) The Embassy Row Hotel

mpeduardo
By mpeduardo,
in

ID HELP: Sep 14 - Sep 16 •  1 room  •  2 adults  •  1 child Capitol Hill - National Mall area - $ 137

Amenities:

Free Internet
Fitness Center

Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Self service laundry
Golf Nearby
Tennis Nearby

Hotwire customer reviews
60%

Or any other Idea to stay in these dates for less than 150 - 3*+ near a metro, 2 Adults 1 Child (2 years)

What is this property rated... is this the 3* hotel in the zone? If so, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method this is the FULL amenity set i'm seeing when searching for your dates 2adults/1child:

Free Internet

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, the Capitol Skyline would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I found one at same dates in Arlington - $118 3*

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Any Ideas? is it near a metro station?

My guess for this property would be the Holiday Inn Rosslyn - Key Bridge or the Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston... you can easily see the location of each using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (and after conducting your search put the hotel name into the text box)... zoom in/out on the map and see how closer/far the nearest metro stop is to each.

Personally i would more likely take the 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS Crystal City property for $115/nite (using the discount link and code in my signature for an extra 5% OFF) with: Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Airport Shuttle, Business Center, Fitness Center. My guess for this property would be the Hyatt Regency Crystal City, and while a 'moderate' walk to the metro station, this property does offer a shuttle to the metro (as well as to the airport where you can also catch the metro). This property also offers a 'bed choice' and the $115/nite rate is for '2 Beds Requested' so should be fine for 2adults/1child (slight risk that PRICELINE is only for double occupancy and after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, but given you're booking 2 beds requested, and that your child is only 2 years old, my instinct is that you'll be fine and it's a risk that i would be willing to take)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed or how it goes should you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offer above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Crystal City is no further (and in some respects closer) to 'Downtown' DC than Arlington... you're on the other side of the river so it's really about access to the metro, and with the Hyatt's shuttle you won't have to walk with your two year old at all; whereas the Arlington zone is somewhat large geographically and you can't really be certain how closer/far from the metro you will ultimately be.

However, the best option at the moment would be if you could stretch your budget a bit there is a 4* hotel in the Capitol Hill-Conveniton Center zone for $168/nite (with Indoor Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center), but the discount code and link in my signature takes an extra 5% OFF bringing this to $159/nite and you'll already be in 'DC proper'.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Doublecheck the dates on the landing page, but the 4* Capitol Hill - Convention Center property is still offered for $170/nite thru PRICELINE EXPRESS.

There is also a 4* on HOTWIRE in the Capitol Hill - National Mall zone for $165/nite with:

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... the Hyatt Regency would be my best guess here.

There is also this 3.5* (also Hot.wire) in the Dupont Circle zone for $147/nite:

Complimentary Breakfast

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... which i'm guessing is the Embassy Row hotel, which if correct, is very close to a Metro Station.

Let us know what you decide for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this will be a good location for your needs this trip.

Not sure what time you will be arriving on Sunday but the Dupont Circle area has a very nice Farmer's Market on Sunday mornings.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]